PDA

View Full Version : Bullet AC Noise Level

hjnaidu
01-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi there. We are buying our first travel trailer this Spring and are looking at a new 2014 Bullet 272BHS. I'm just wondering how loud the air conditioners typically are in the Bullet line. Thanks!

koko
01-31-2014, 03:03 PM
Ours is pretty noisy, but no worse than any other TT we've owned and better than some. The microwave, on the other hand, is so quiet that you can't even tell it's running.

Festus2
01-31-2014, 03:05 PM
hjnaidu -

Welcome to the forum. If you have a dealership in mind where you might be purchasing this particular unit, why not ask them to turn it on so you can hear it for yourself?? When it comes to "loudness", what is acceptable and reasonably quiet for one may not be for another.

I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done to an A/C to make it "quieter" assuming it has been installed properly and there is nothing loose inside that is rattling around or not mounted securely.

BulletOwner1
01-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Yes, what koko and Festus2 said. Ours is ducted in the ceiling and in the bedroom is much quieter than in the kitchen area. When needed, the noise is preferable to the heat.

filmtex
02-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Yes, what koko and Festus2 said. Ours is ducted in the ceiling and in the bedroom is much quieter than in the kitchen area. When needed, the noise is preferable to the heat.

I agree. It's a bit loud right underneath in the dining/kitchen area but much preferred to doing without in the Texas heat! We bought two fans as well last year and that enabled us to increase the temp setting on the thermostat and therefore the AC ran less.

trackstand
02-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Love the hum of AC on those hot summer nights, helps put Me to sleep. "bouncey:

RamRider
02-02-2014, 09:21 AM
The ducted ac is quieter then we put up with in our former tt (Duchman Sport). But when it is 100 degrees out, who cares about the fan noise in the ac?