PDA

View Full Version : LED replacements

Bluewater
01-07-2014, 09:54 AM
I installed a Tri-metric Battery Monitor that enables me to keep an eye on how much battery power I have been using. One of the first things I noticed was that without turning anything on I am drawing .2 amps. I believe this is for the light in the stock stereo system. I wanted to know how much power one of the stock lights was drawing so I turned on the overhead light just inside the entry door. The monitor indicated I was now drawing 3 amps. That amounts to 2.8 amps or 1.4 amps per bulb. I then switched out the two 921 bulbs for 2 led bulbs and turned the light back on. I was now drawing .4 amps or .1 amp per bulb for a reduction of 2.6 amps. I then replaced the 921 bulbs in 5 more of the lights or 10 more bulbs and was drawing a total of 1.4 amps, half of what I was drawing for the single light fixture with the 2- 921 bulbs. Also, the led lights did not produce any heat like the 921's do!

WOW, that is beyone(lower) what I thought these LED would use. Thanks for the great info off you monitor. I installed a switch on my stereo to keep the light off when not in use and really noticed a differance.

trackstand
01-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Any One know what bulbs fit the outside markers on a 2014 keystone?

Thanks