PDA

View Full Version : Awning lights

mjeronimo
01-26-2014, 07:55 PM
We'll I see lots of posts about led awning lights so I installed some today. I used the porch light as a junction/ switch box so I can use whichever light I want. Gets pretty crowded with the controller, but I was able to drill hole for IR and 2 switches.

mjeronimo
01-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Both on or visa versa

Steve S
01-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Great idea, they look nice.:)

mwhit
01-27-2014, 03:47 AM
Looks good, but you may want to install an LED bulb in the fixture. That incandescent bulb may melt your controller if the light is left on for a good amount of time.

Bill & Deb
01-27-2014, 05:42 AM
Looks good. I just ordered two sets of the waterproof LED Flexible strips. One is cool white and the other is RGB color unit. I plan to run them in the same location one above the other. One is for mood lighting and the other for reading etc. I'm hoping to fish the wires up from the battery area using the conduit used for the power awning.
Will post pictures when I get it done. I like your idea of using the porch light. Unfortunately I have the motion light type.

michol02
01-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Thats a really ingenious place for the controller, I wish I would have thought of that before drilling through my wall, but I agree, that bulb gets pretty hot. I melted the amber lense by leaving it on over night. I replaced it with an LED, which is much cooler.

Jay D
01-27-2014, 09:23 AM
what are the part #'s on the switches you used?

mjeronimo
01-28-2014, 05:48 PM
As soon as I decided to put the controller there, I said to myself "self you know you need to order a led for that". Switch is from radio shack#275-1565, I need to get another switch for the dump station so I can turn dump station light off ( porch and dump station use same switch on control panel)
Bill if you wire it before the motion light it should work. I don't know how much room is in your light.