PDA

View Full Version : TV heights

Dwighop
01-26-2014, 03:57 AM
Anybody notice they keep putting tvs too high. Gotta look up in most fivers to see the tv. I like direct line of sight when I sit so close. Just sayin.

jsmith948
01-26-2014, 05:21 AM
I guess it depends on the model/floor plan?
I have noticed that, on some of the higher end 5ers with fireplaces, the t.v. is mounted above the fireplace and might be a little higher than comfortable.
On our little Cougar, the t.v. is mounted to the rear wall between the windows.
Fortunately, at a comfortable height. Not sure if we even paid attention to that when we were looking - but, now that you mention it - I guess we got lucky:)

Dwighop
01-26-2014, 05:42 AM
Really noticed at the show last week. Fireplace, then electronics then tv.

f6bits
01-26-2014, 07:35 AM
The designers must be the same people who wall-mount their stick-house TVs above the fireplace. Remember the old days when your TV sat on the floor?

filmtex
01-26-2014, 09:19 AM
In our 2013 Bullet we noticed right away that the tv was mounted waaaaay to high. So we replaced the tv bracket with one that tilted as well as moved and that was better-brightened up the tv considerably. We recently replaced our 22" (?) with a 29 " Vizio smart tv and couldn't be happier. Now we just need a tilt mount for the old tv that now lives in the bedroom.

Williston324
01-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Our 2013 324RL has a perfect eye level height and as a "hideaway" it can also be adjusted a bit. The aftermarket fireplace will be completed in the next day or two with the addition of tile trim. Writeup and pic's will be on the mods page when done.

hankpage
01-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Remember the old days when your TV sat on the floor?

Actually, I remember not having tv and sitting on the floor watching radio ..... Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men????? http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1587
Your comfortable viewing angle will also depend on the brand of tv and it's tilt when mounted. If it is too high try tilting the mount if possible. JM2¢, Hank

Lost
01-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Ours is a little high because it comes out of the top of the fireplace. While siting in the recliner we have to hold the remote high to chance channels. I remember as a kid I was the remote control for my parents :eek: