PDA

View Full Version : tool box

gsmith31
01-25-2014, 08:07 PM
I would like to put a tool box on the front of my camper , but I only have 11 to 11.5 inches of room between my propane tanks and the camper. I cant find a tool box that has that small of width, has anybody every come across that small of tool box? if so would like to know were to get one. thanks

Knucklehead
01-25-2014, 09:03 PM
try tractor supply or local farmers coop

Bob Landry
01-26-2014, 08:50 AM
I would like to put a tool box on the front of my camper , but I only have 11 to 11.5 inches of room between my propane tanks and the camper. I cant find a tool box that has that small of width, has anybody every come across that small of tool box? if so would like to know were to get one. thanks

Check your PMs

crash
01-28-2014, 03:19 AM
Tractor supply has some smaller boxs ,not sure if they are the right size for you though.

gsmith31
02-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info.

scotty1946
02-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Can your propane tanks be moved forward an inch or more to make more room?

sandy43
02-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Put it to the rear. That's what I did and works fine. See picture//http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/album.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1058

Can't seem to get the picture from my album posted.

gsmith31
02-24-2014, 06:30 PM
No not really.they are as far up as they can go.

muddynoll
02-27-2014, 08:45 AM
I put this box on mine ,but I had to move the tanks up a little.

Nighteye
03-18-2014, 06:31 AM
I too, have been looking for the right tool box to fit between the propane tanks and the front of the Bullet. (The exposed battery's bother me) I don't have the trailer yet, but when I measured at the dealer, it was too small of an area to get one in there, I never thought of moving the tanks up a bit, but I'm thinking that it still wont give enough room for the standard boxes out there. Im getting the parts around to build one.
My Brother-in-law (a master welder) works for beer, and we are planning a weekend barn adventure.:D
PS. an automobile junk-yard is a great place to get those gas-shock thingies to raise your lids (or beds,or hatches,etc,etc)

SLIMSHADIE
03-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Heavy duty, lockable, metal box
not cheap, but I may go this route

http://www.torklift.com/products/powerarmor.php

rschad
03-21-2014, 08:24 PM
when you plan on adding a tool box have you considered what that will do to the tongue weight, especially when it is full of tools? Or is that a stupid question? It is just that I have read so much about calculating weights and the need to get them right, even the weight the receiver can handle so just wondering.

gsmith31
03-22-2014, 03:18 AM
Heavy duty, lockable, metal box
not cheap, but I may go this route

http://www.torklift.com/products/powerarmor.php

That is a nice tool box, kinda wish I would have found that box before I got the one I have now.

gsmith31
03-22-2014, 03:24 AM
when you plan on adding a tool box have you considered what that will do to the tongue weight, especially when it is full of tools? Or is that a stupid question? It is just that I have read so much about calculating weights and the need to get them right, even the weight the receiver can handle so just wondering.

The tool box itself only adds about 25 lbs to the tongue weight, everything that I put into it is already in a tool box in the back of the truck now, so for me I have not added much extra weight.

muddynoll
03-22-2014, 04:28 AM
Same here. The box weight is approx. 25-30 lbs. Most of what is heavy in it , are the hitch bars and battery. The other small incidentals would be in the front compartment anyway. I do have 1200 lb. bars though ,so they are a little heavy for my camper but can handle the added weight on the tounge.