PDA

View Full Version : Balmy days in Alexandria, LA

geo
01-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Hey! JRTJH! Looks like some balmy days in Alex! :D

http://www.weather.com/news/commuter-conditions/winter-storm-kronos-reports-snow-sleet-ice-texas-louisiana-mississippi-20140124

Ron

JRTJH
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Hey Ron,

Our neighbors have been updating us as things progress. I 49 overpasses, the Fulton Street Bridge and the Jackson Street Bridge are all closed. That effectively stops all north/south bound traffic and all traffic across the Red River between Alexandria/Pineville. The latest I heard about an hour ago was 3+ inches of snow, almost unheard of in that area.

We are still planning on making our "winter thaw" trip to include a week or two in Alexandria, then on to south Texas (1/4th the price of Florida) for a month in a "warmer campground"..... But, with the way things are going, it just might be warmer here than there... LOL

Here's hoping your new "4 seasons" RV is keeping you warm and toasty.....

geo
01-24-2014, 03:27 PM
John -

Yeah, here in Texas it gets bad south of Corsicana, but it will be mostly gone by Sunday.

Yup, the new fiver is great! Last night dropped to 13F, warm inside and the underbelly only got down to 50F. DW says I'm all about the underbelly!

If you get past the Denton, TX area, plan for a stop!

Ron

gearhead
01-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Looks like more ice/snow coming to the Houston area this Tuesday. Maybe kill the mosquito eggs and keep the reptiles down a little longer.
It was 70 today. Me & the son went drift fishing for blue cats on Lake Livingston. No takers, but beats sitting around the house.

SAABDOCTOR
01-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Maybe we all need to plan a trip to the equator :bm: might be warmer there:banghead:

JRTJH
01-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Maybe we all need to plan a trip to the equator :bm: might be warmer there:banghead:

My daughter (who lives just east of Cincinnati) is getting pounded pretty hard by this weather system. This weekend we were talking about just that. She suggested the equator, I thought, Austraila in the winter and back here in the summer. My only problem is how to ship the RV and truck back and forth. Hmmmmm

SAABDOCTOR
01-27-2014, 01:52 PM
leave one at each location:D besides that is a long way to row a camper!!! how are you all doing with this cold snap? notice no one has heard from uncle Al the global pal!!!!!:rofl: