PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Land of Lincoln - Southern part

Sduff
01-23-2014, 08:23 PM
On monday we picked up our new 2013 Laredo 294RK. We had a 2013 Passport 2890RL that we really liked and pulled well with our 2003 Silverado 1500 ext cab. But as it turns out I acquired a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4 in November which opened the door for the slightly heavier Laredo...and we will love it. The floor plan is perfect for the 2 of us and our little Maltese. Last season with the Passport we were out once a month...we will continue that in 2014. I look forward to reading all of the interesting comments in this forum.. I do wish there was a thread just for Laredo 294RKs. :)

Festus2
01-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Steve-
First, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Laredo. While there isn't a dedicated thread for Laredo members, there is a Laredo "Social" group which can be found in the Community section of the forum. Look at the blue bar (top of page), click on Community --->> Social Groups. Search through the groups til you find Laredo. It doesn't look like this group is too active so perhaps you can "get it up and running" again.

Sduff
01-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I started a Social Group for the Laredo 294RK, lets see how it goes. Looking for folks with the same camper to share their likes and dislikes with that floor plan and overall experiences.

Festus2
01-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Steve-
I noticed you have a rear kitchen --- as we do in our Cougar. You might want to take some extra precautions to secure your dishes and other breakables. As you know, that part of the RV is subjected to bouncing about and we learned the hard way and have now taken steps to prevent any further breakages. So far----- everything has remained intact.

If interested, send me a PM and I'll explain - I don't want to hijack this welcoming thread.

Sduff
01-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks and I am aware of the issues with rear kitchens. As a matter of fact we discussed that very thing with our salesman and his comment was that in the past there were complaints about the kitchen being rearranged but he hadn't heard that so much recently. My brother had a 2013 Spree with a rear kitchen and I hadn't heard him complain about it. We will keep an eye on it though. The 'boss' loves the kitchen area esp with all the counter space that she didn't have in the Passport 2890RL and the shower in the bathroom were the 2 big sellers on this floorplan....you really don't know what you want until you have one.....

DJ85
01-24-2014, 01:53 AM
:wlcm: To the forum from a fellow southern of the land of Lincoln. We purchase a keystone res327 in 2012. It took us 2 yrs of searching to find the one we wanted and we have not been disapointed at all. There are some of the greatest and most friendly poeple on this site you will be glad you joined... :wlcm:;) checked your pofile turns out we live just 30 minutes away from each other. We are located in the southern section of st clair co....

Sduff
01-28-2014, 12:23 PM
DJ85, thanks for the welcome neighbor...can't wait for the weather to warm so we can get back into the woods...

crash
01-29-2014, 05:42 AM
:wlcm:to the forum from the Mid Atlantic,glad to have you aboard.

Sduff
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I started a Social Group for the Laredo 294RK, lets see how it goes. Looking for folks with the same camper to share their likes and dislikes with that floor plan and overall experiences.

The group is growing, already have 3 new members. If anyone is aware of Laredo 294RK owners please point them to 'Community, Social Groups' area so they can join....

Where is that warm weather at...has anyone seen it??