PDA

View Full Version : Battery

FRANANDTOMMY
01-22-2014, 07:04 AM
The battery in our 29' Laredo died and we are wondering what the best battery is for our pull behind camper. We always camp where there is electric and water, but need the battery power for the slide out, hitch, jacks and awning.The battery that died is an Interstate Marine battery.
We live in S.W. Florida so the battery is not in the extreme cold, but sometimes in the extreme heat. What is the typical length of time a battery should last. We keep the battery turned off when in storage.

(tx)
fran and tommy

byrdr1
01-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Interstate seems to be the one most Rv dealers put in their campers.
Thats whats in Mine.. Second camper with one and they have been good batteries.
randy

cdawrld
01-22-2014, 07:28 AM
I have a yellow top Optima battery for 8 yrs now. That's my vote. Size will depend on your amp per hour need. My 225ah is sufficient for daily use and running the heater overnight.

cathcartww
01-22-2014, 10:19 AM
As far as size, if your present one has given satisfactory service for how you use it, it is big enough. Any decent quality marine/deep cycle type battery should do the job. I would look to Sears, WalMart, AutoZone or whatever national chain you like to deal with - that way if it craps out while under warranty, you can get an easy replacement no matter where you happen to be.

SAABDOCTOR
01-22-2014, 10:32 AM
ALL The majors make a good battery.Interstate has great coverage IE dealer network for warranty. My 2010 camper still has the original interstate. but the other batteries that others have mentioned are good too. Every now and then a bad one gets out. Take care of it keep it full and fully charged and you will be good to go.:cool: