PDA

View Full Version : KEYSTONE dealer warranty work

sasquatch
01-22-2014, 04:15 AM
Does keystone require any dealer that sells their trailer to service other keystone trailers that was purchased from another dealer

fla-gypsy
01-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Keystone cannot force any dealer to work on any camper even the ones they sell. The only incentive to the dealer to do warranty work for Keystone is repeat customers. The amount paid to the dealers for warranty work is heavily discounted. It is not like the auto industry. All Keystone can do is warrant they will repair what is covered by their warranty and arrange for an authorized repair center to do the work.

shive787
07-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Keystone cannot force any dealer to work on any camper even the ones they sell. The only incentive to the dealer to do warranty work for Keystone is repeat customers. The amount paid to the dealers for warranty work is heavily discounted. It is not like the auto industry. All Keystone can do is warrant they will repair what is covered by their warranty and arrange for an authorized repair center to do the work.

I had service work done on my 2012 outback and keystone said they pay what the shops rate is. There is a cap on how much the dealer can charge, just like the auto industry.

Yak
07-30-2014, 05:19 PM
I had service work done on my 2012 outback and keystone said they pay what the shops rate is. There is a cap on how much the dealer can charge, just like the auto industry.
I work an auto dealer, warranty labor hourly rate is lower that retail and the time paid for a job is less.
Just a bit of info, RV dealers are not franchised like auto dealers but only have sales agreements with the manufacturers therefore are not required to work on what they didn't sell

x96mnn
07-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Not all shops but there are many that do not even like working on the units they sell let alone ones they do not sell. I am not sure if they are right by doing so and we are wrong thinking they should do more or reverse. The industry has more then doubled in the last few years so they are getting away with what they are doing.