PDA

View Full Version : New Shocks?

rolltide
01-18-2014, 02:08 PM
I have a 2003 Keystone Cabana 26 ft being pulled with a 2003 Chevy z71 Suburban. I know its about time to Change shocks all around. Trailer is pulled about 7 times a year short distances about 700 miles total each trip. Should I stick with standard shocks or go something else. I still want a smooth ride when not trailering. Thanks for your opinions..

JRTJH
01-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Some will tell you Bilsteins, some will tell you Monroe Magnums, some will tell you Rancho and some will pick other brands as their favorites and suggest you use them.

I think the question you have to ask yourself is this: Am I satisfied with the ride, handling and towing performance with the existing shocks? If the answer to that is "yes", then why change? After all, you got 10 years from the existing shocks, that says something in and of itself. :)

If you're looking to upgrade, then I'd think considering other shocks might be appropriate, but if you're happy, why change?

Just my thoughts .....

rolltide
01-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Newbe at this. I have very low miles on my suburban and will be pulling this for awhile. Thanks

X-Treme
01-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Bilstein all the way. NO question. Lol

concours
01-19-2014, 07:27 AM
changed all 4 with Monroe reflex on last year they work great The OEM rear shocks were done but the fronts were OK but replaced all 4 as a set. I see less rebound when towing but a huge improvement in the ride when empty

rhagfo
01-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Bilstein all the way. NO question. Lol
I would agree, the Factory originals on my 01 Ram worked well unloaded, and not bad loaded, maybe two to two and a half cycles at a strong bridge transition.
Replaced with a set of Bilstien 5100's and WOW, about a half cycle on bridge transition.