PDA

View Full Version : Door trim removal

ridefxstd
01-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Has anyone removed the trim around a personal door that covers the screws that hold the door frame to the trailer wall. I have a Raptor that blew a tire and I need to replace the lower panel.I need to remove the screws around the lower door to get the panel loose.I think the trim around the door that covers the screws will get destroyed if I pry it loose. The doors are made by Lippert components.Any tricks to remove the trim ??

tileman
01-14-2014, 05:50 PM
I had two blow outs a few weeks ago and had to remove the door trim on my fuzion 310

I had white rubber trim that came off with a small screwdriver starting at the bottom of the trim.

Under the white trim was a thin pc of metal trim and I took out a few screws there.

Good luck.

jsmith948
01-15-2014, 05:37 AM
Has anyone removed the trim around a personal door that covers the screws that hold the door frame to the trailer wall. I have a Raptor that blew a tire and I need to replace the lower panel.I need to remove the screws around the lower door to get the panel loose.I think the trim around the door that covers the screws will get destroyed if I pry it loose. The doors are made by Lippert components.Any tricks to remove the trim ??

Are you referring to the hollow, half-round, vinyl trim that is inserted into an aluminum molding? Could you post a photo? The vinyl trim is held in place (length-wise) by a small screw. Remove the screw and the molding can be removed from the aluminum 'track', revealing the screws which hold the track to the trailer.

ridefxstd
01-23-2014, 06:54 PM
I talked with my dealer and he told me to work trim from the bottom and ply the clip side loose first,working my way up.This worked and didn't damage the trim.The trim has a lap clip side and a J edge clip side.The lap clip side must come loose first.