PDA

View Full Version : Panama City southeast bound.

Williston324
01-14-2014, 06:09 AM
We are currently in St. Andrews State Park on a great spot over looking the water. Next week we will be heading back south and are looking at Hwy 98 that follows the coast for quite a bit and then cuts inland to Chiefland. Has anyone towed on this route? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Terrydactile
01-14-2014, 11:04 AM
From Panama City Beach to Apalachicola is all good road. You will go through many small towns. Beyond Apalachicola I have no knowledge of.

fla-gypsy
01-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Haven't driven that route but I have camped on the Grand Lagoon at St Andrews many times. Enjoy!

PT RV`er
01-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Once you pass East Point ( Eastside of Appalach ) Hwy 98 is pretty much a 2 lane road. Once you get to Perry and start heading south, it`s all a 4 lane hwy and a nice ride. We have friends who live in Brooksville and that's the route we take. In fact, from Panama City to Perry, Hwy 98 is a 2 lane road now thinking about it.

Williston324
01-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Great - thanks very much!

Williston324
01-24-2014, 04:19 PM
So glad we took this route!! Very scenic for the first couple of hours outside of Panama City. The road is in very good condition. Two lanes until Perry then a lot of four lane to Chiefland. Will definitely travel this route again.

Jeff and Rita
06-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the thread..... We are planning to go to Panama Beach and had seen St. Andrews on the web page..... Looking forward to visiting now...

Quad
06-07-2014, 04:20 AM
We are heading to St Andrews this coming Thursday night. In count down mode now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff and Rita
06-08-2014, 06:27 PM
If you don't mind..... let me know what site you stay and how it was... And let me know what sight you would recommend . I have a 35ft. fifth wheel with 50 amp. hookup. I would appreciate your input....

PT RV`er
06-09-2014, 04:39 AM
If you don't mind..... let me know what site you stay and how it was... And let me know what sight you would recommend . I have a 35ft. fifth wheel with 50 amp. hookup. I would appreciate your input....
Are you heading down here without reservations or you looking for site info for next trip? If your heading down without reservations, you might find it hard to get a site. State Parks along the beach are very popular and are booked up pretty quick. I had to book our site at St Joseph Peninsula last year for this coming September.

Quad
06-09-2014, 05:08 AM
We had to book ours last year. The closer we got to our date (about 3-4 mths out) we wanted to see if we could get the night before also and we found just about every site was booked including ours before and after the date we reserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff and Rita
06-11-2014, 01:31 AM
yes in looking at the St Andrews web site that getting a space can be a challenge. We did see some available.