PDA

View Full Version : carpet under slideout discolored

fixithud
01-13-2014, 12:51 PM
My new to me 2003 27rl Laredo fifth wheel...

The carpet that the slide covers when it is in the travel position is a different color than the rest of the carpet. It is the same piece of carpet. I am new at this but do not believe that the discoloration is due to mold/water etc. Would the bottom of the slide discolor the carpet over time??

Any info would be appreciated. Did a search and didn't find anything helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Hud

2011 keystone
01-13-2014, 01:15 PM
My guess would be that the carpet that is not covered by the slide may have faded over the years faster than the part that is covered.
Just a thought.

fixithud
01-13-2014, 01:26 PM
I thought about that too...

The area between the slide and the ent center area is also a different color and sunlight would be extremely limited to that area with the slide in.

Thanks for your reply, it may be correct?!?!?(ty)
Hud

Festus2
01-13-2014, 04:55 PM
My guess is that it has faded and not due to any kind of mold, water, or a "bad" piece of carpet. Don't forget that it is 10 years old and has been exposed to light far more than the carpet under the slide.

Carpets, like humans, start to fade with age.

Shelbs
01-14-2014, 12:52 AM
Carpets, like humans, start to fade with age. I resemble that remark!!:mad:

FullTimer
01-16-2014, 08:37 AM
My guess is that it has faded and not due to any kind of mold, water, or a "bad" piece of carpet. Don't forget that it is 10 years old and has been exposed to light far more than the carpet under the slide.

Carpets, like humans, start to fade with age.

Hey! I resemble that remark lol.

JRTJH
01-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Our neighbor in Louisiana had a "late 70's" van conversion with the big BIG side windows. The carpet when it was new was a really nice medium brown. When he traded it in around the mid 80's, the carpet was a really REALLY ugly lime green/yellow "schmutz". It was discolored/faded from the sun even under the seats where the sun should never have shined...... Reflected UV rays, like water and odor, tend to go where they want, not necessarily always in a straight line..... :cool:

As for changing color with age.... Hmmmmmm "no comment" :eek: