PDA

View Full Version : New Springdale 247FWRLLS

ColoChuck
01-10-2014, 12:15 PM
I've been trolling for a while, just reading and learning.

Went to the Colorado RV Show last night. Lots and lots of toys, oh my!!

I received the Show discount on the Springdale 247 that I've had my eye on for 6 months or so. Very happy now. Hopefully I'll be even happier in a couple of months when its delivered!

Had a couple other campers in the past, but this is my first 5th wheel.

Thank you to the "experts" out there that are willing to share your expertise.

Festus2
01-10-2014, 12:56 PM
After "trolling" for a while, I'm pleased to read that you didn't go home "skunked" having found our forum helpful and informative. Not sure how many "experts" hang out here but you'll find lots of folks who are willing to share their RV knowledge and experience with you.
:wlcm: to the forum and while you are waiting for the arrival of your new toy, keep on trolling the forum - you never know who or what you might find lurking on the bottom.

TomHaycraft
01-11-2014, 06:58 PM
I've had mine for 1 1/2 years, camp a minimum of once a month, every month. Could not be happier with the purchase.

Safe travels.

theeyres
01-11-2014, 08:18 PM
A Not sure how many "experts" hang out here .

What do you mean? I'm an expert on everything as long as I haven't had to experience it! And I give advice a lot more freely than I accept it. LOL

ColoChuck
01-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks TomHaycraft. I see you have the Sidewinder, do you also have a Mor/Ryde or air hitch or similar?

Looks like the AC outlet situation in the Springdale 247 is less than desirable, but I'm already aware of that. Any other short comings you've noticed?

Thanks.

TomHaycraft
01-14-2014, 03:35 AM
No, just the standard Sidewinder. Due to my TV, I'm sensitive about the weight of hardware, especially over the rear axle of the truck. That being said, it tows nicely, takes a real freak harmonic of bump in the road to give much shock through the hitch and into the truck.

As to the AC outlets? A bit of a love-hate situation. I find the setup adequate, it is in the forward sleeping area that is most noticeable, with just one outlet at the sink. But, if we were to have them near the head of the bed, then I'd want to put in a clock radio and I have I don't really need to know what time it is when sleeping! In this situation, I've found that less is better.