PDA

View Full Version : What are these

sbmarks3
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know what these are and where do they go? They look like some kind of tiny check valves but I have never seen any like them, I found them in my front storage area today while cleaning up. I know what the middle one is :) Thanks

x96mnn
01-09-2014, 04:09 PM
They look like the water plugs that go into the low drain. At least that's what it looks like to me. On my 266 I got a pipe coming out the front left and the pipe has a screw on cap that when I unscrew it has a plug that looks like what you show in the picture.

sbmarks3
01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
They look like the water plugs that go into the low drain. At least that's what it looks like to me. On my 266 I got a pipe coming out the front left and the pipe has a screw on cap that when I unscrew it has a plug that looks like what you show in the picture.

I have my caps all off for winterization but there were no check valves in there. If that is what they are. If they are check valves and they do go in the low point drains..... why? the direction of flow would have to be down. Maybe to keep anything from crawling up in the pipe while the caps are off?
This is a new one on me, None of my older TT had these.
Thanks for the help

CPE
01-09-2014, 05:58 PM
I believe they are hot water tank flow control valves; I had these installed in my new water heater I installed at home as it came from the factory. They called them "flow control valves".

FullTimer
01-09-2014, 06:07 PM
I wonder if they are check valves for the HW to keep cold water from backflowing into the heater, when you turn the shower head off at the actual shower head and have the tub faucets open? In certain conditions, if the shower head had a shutoff on it, then sometimes the cold water flows back into the HW heater and dilutes the hot water. Do they look like they would fit into a 3/4 nipple?

sbmarks3
01-09-2014, 06:47 PM
They definitely could be flow control valves for the water heater.... I just have never seen them before and then to find them just knocking around in the storage area, I don't know if they are new or used or if I need them. I think I will leave it alone for now and just hang on to them for show and tell.

Javi
01-10-2014, 04:44 AM
Water savers / aerators for showerhead and faucets

hankpage
01-10-2014, 05:47 AM
Water savers / aerators for showerhead and faucets

X2 .... From the photos, that would be my guess. Either extras left by accident or someone removed the restrictors to increase flow or clean debris from the lines. Maybe outside shower???? JM2¢, Hank

sbmarks3
01-10-2014, 06:04 AM
I will go check the shower later and see if there are any restrictors in there. These have a moving center piece in them like a back flow preventer or a check valve. They are small enough to fit inside a pipe or hose though. Most water restrictors that I have come across in the past (and removed) were disk shaped plastic with a small hole drilled in the middle, but that was in a sticks N Bricks house. I have been googling the suggestions as to what they may be trying to find the parts for sale just so I know what they are for sure, but to no avail.
Thanks for the input.

JRTJH
01-10-2014, 07:02 AM
This is only a guess, but they look like the reducing stem in a SeaTech 1/2:1/4 or 3/4:1/2 reduction fitting. They were probably used in a sink faucet installation somewhere and the blue insert got left out, or wasn't needed, or the installer used them in a "non-standard" installation...

Keep in mine, this is only a guess..... :confused:

Here's a picture of the fitting:

FullTimer
01-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Lol, well this is turning into quite the mystery lol.

chartrand
01-10-2014, 09:50 PM
There listening devices from the NSA, someone forgot to install them at the factory....<grin>....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sbmarks3
01-11-2014, 07:17 AM
There listening devices from the NSA, someone forgot to install them at the factory....<grin>....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think you may be right, the voices in my head already suggested that but I usually try to ignore them.:o

hankpage
01-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Wow!!! A government secret agent posing as an Amish farmer to get employment in a RV factory to plant bugs on unsuspecting campers. What a plot .... when does the movie come out???? I just want to say, "It has been nice knowing all of you", before the site gets shut down. :rolleyes: How long until spring??????????

Outbackmel
01-11-2014, 10:49 AM
There are 3 items:

b = us quarter, heads down.

a and c = Miley Cirus twerking prevention plugs (also face down).

Nailz
01-22-2014, 08:07 AM
I believe they are hot water tank flow control valves; I had these installed in my new water heater I installed at home as it came from the factory. They called them "flow control valves".

I noticed this problem with my camper. When I am taking a shower and use the pause button on the showerhead, when I resume the water is always cold first :eek: before it returns to the set temp.

Is there some check valve that I can install to prevent this?

Thanks,

Curtis

SAABDOCTOR
01-22-2014, 08:42 AM
The shower head is desingned that way for a reason!, The shock of when the cold water hits you cause a scream which turns the listening device on! That way the batteries last longer and the nsa can gather mor info on where we all go camping and have our planning meetings to take over the country.:D Yep this is what happens when it gets a bit slow at work, my mind wanders into some strange places. Lord can't wait for warmer weather!! Dang you Al Gore you lied!!!!:D

Nailz
01-22-2014, 08:53 AM
LOL!!! In my case the listening device must trigger on the keyword "Dang It!"

sbmarks3
01-22-2014, 12:32 PM
We have two fifth wheels now and have had several others over the years and they all give you that shot of cold water when you turn the shower head back on. I just take fast showers so it is not an issue for me, for the wife on the other hand I do occasionally hear the scream when she turns the shower head back on.
I have not been able to find an NSA approved alternative for this system of theirs. :)
As for the little check valves that started out this thread.... I will just hang on to them till I figure out where they go for sure. One thing about them is they would restrict the flow considerably of what ever line they are installed in.