PDA

View Full Version : Drive from Myrtle Beach to Kingsland, GA

BillnDeb
01-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Departing tomorrow, Jan 7 with some windy conditions (not to mention freezing weather). We're looking at several options, but are concerned about stop and go traffic and bridges.
One option is US 17 right to I-95. Traffic/stop lights and a bridge?
Next option is US 17 to I-526.
And final option is 501 to 378 to I-95. This route is 30 miles longer but about the same time so it sounds the best. This may be a no-brainer, but we've never traveled on it.
We're towing 5th wheel.
Thanks in advance!

Anyone have experience to help us out?

laidback
01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
17 to I-95. Not a high speed route but easy drive and better scenery. Where you staying in Kingsland? We enjoyed Country Oaks been there a coupl of times. Nice to do day trips from.

BillnDeb
01-06-2014, 06:14 PM
17 to I-95. Not a high speed route but easy drive and better scenery. Where you staying in Kingsland? We enjoyed Country Oaks been there a coupl of times. Nice to do day trips from.

We decided on the KOA, Jacksonville/St. Mary. We are always looking for bargains and balance with Trip Advisor and the RV park reviews. We are members of Passport America (it's hit or miss on the quality of the parks), Good Sams and now KOA. We didn't see Country Oaks in our catalogs. This was a last minute decision. Bill used to live in Jacksonville so some nostalgia!

Debbie
12 campgrounds and 84 nights since purchase 9/4/2013

byrdr1
01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Departing tomorrow, Jan 7 with some windy conditions (not to mention freezing weather). We're looking at several options, but are concerned about stop and go traffic and bridges.
One option is US 17 right to I-95. Traffic/stop lights and a bridge?
Next option is US 17 to I-526.
And final option is 501 to 378 to I-95. This route is 30 miles longer but about the same time so it sounds the best. This may be a no-brainer, but we've never traveled on it.
We're towing 5th wheel.
Thanks in advance!

Anyone have experience to help us out?
This time of year not a lot of stop and go traffic. Conway could be a bottle neck area...US-501 to SC-38 to I-95 would be a good route. good roads and an easy drive. Safe travels
randy

laidback
01-07-2014, 04:22 PM
If that's the KOA I'm thinking of go past the gas station and BBQ place Country Oaks driveway is right there. Just drive in and take a look.

Brantlaker
01-07-2014, 07:07 PM
The KOA is before the gas station and BBQ place and they serve FREE Waffles for breakfast. It is on Scrubby Bluff Road. We used to stay at Country Oaks but found that the campground was old and tired the sights were very uneven and short.

BillnDeb
01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
We got your replies after our trip! DH was most concerned about the high winds, so took most direct route inland, 544 to 501 and then US 378 to I-95. Made great time, only one mild wind gust and no traffic at all!
And we're staying in the KOA with free waffles-we forgot about them this morning! Dang!

byrdr1
01-08-2014, 12:12 PM
We got your replies after our trip! DH was most concerned about the high winds, so took most direct route inland, 544 to 501 and then US 378 to I-95. Made great time, only one mild wind gust and no traffic at all!
And we're staying in the KOA with free waffles-we forgot about them this morning! Dang!
544 to 501 means you stayed at one of the big three on that end of MyrtleBeach. Enjoy you stay..
Does US378 run south west of Conway?Away from 501/
just never used that road. Thx.
randy

BillnDeb
01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
501 took us to US 378 and it went right by Conway. There was only one stop light on the route and of course, DH hit it! Great route if you need to make time, 55 mph. But not many places to stop for gas or RR, so do all that first! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/09/enugased.jpg