PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 327RES- Ideas to cover/ hide radio?

Mosnowman
01-05-2014, 10:50 AM
We have a brand new 327RES that we can't wait to use next Spring! As a result I have a lot of time to think about "cosmetic" issues. If you look at the picture below you can see the radio located between the TV and Fireplace. Personally I think it looks kind of tacky and want to figure out a way to make it disappear except when I use it. Any ideas? Fabric etc?

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_107425_0_267ea5791a6cd371f26c0cece6efca4e.jpg (http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/Mosnowman/media/image_zps58716651.jpg.html)

Festus2
01-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Mosnowman -
What about making a matching wooden "door"? It could be one that is hinged on the top so that it can be lifted up when you want to use the stereo or folded down to cover it. The hinges would have to be spring-loaded so as to keep the "door flap" in an upward position. Find a matching cupboard door pull handle to mount on the top center.

Jim7411
01-05-2014, 11:48 AM
If your wife is a quilter, she could make a nice little wall hanging that you could use to cover that unsightly radio. And another, bigger one to cover that unsightly TV! LOL!

michol02
01-06-2014, 01:12 AM
This may be a crazy idea, but you could build a faux brick surround and attach it with Velcro or other quick removal system. It would cover the radio and enhance the looks of the fireplace.
I found this picture on-line just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. It might not be what you're looking for, I just wanted to throw an idea in your head.:rolleyes:

MarkS
01-06-2014, 10:45 AM
If your wife is a quilter, she could make a nice little wall hanging that you could use to cover that unsightly radio. And another, bigger one to cover that unsightly TV! LOL!

Or if your wife is a knitter, she could make a radio cosy. Lol x2

You could make a wood 'plate', stained to match, bolt over hole, and remount the radio behind the TV.

Lot of work and the remote will not work anymore, but you could.

dgleason
01-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Like your rv. I took delivery of one just like it last October. Seeing the stereo doesn't bother me but if I were to hide it I might try to buy a door from keystone to get a perfect match. Not sure there would be enough space behind the door to fit over the stereo though.

Mosnowman
01-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Great ideas guys! Your responses also got me thinking about a shadowbox reversed ...then velcro to cover the radio. I really like the thought of factory matched wood...I guess it would have to be ordered from Keystone?

Sulphur1
06-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Is it possible to order doors from Keystone?
I would like to add doors to the bottom area of the radio / tv cabinet in our Cougar 299 & store DVD's, etc. there. Also a door for the bedroom TV pull-out slide as not needed -flat screen on wall.
Tried Trekwood but didn't get an answer.
Cheers
Jon

Sulphur1
06-21-2014, 03:01 AM
Is it a Jensen?
According to the Jensen awm965_owners_manual you can reduce the panel's brightness by 3 levels (page5)

"Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
The liquid crystal display (LCD) panel (4) displays the frequency, time and activated functions.
To adjust the brightness of the LCD, press and hold the VOL control to access the user menu.
Press the VOL control to step through the menu options. Rotate the VOL control to adjust the
LCD brightness from “LIGHT 1” (brightest) to “LIGHT 3” (least bright)."

Cheers
Jon

theasphaltrv'er
06-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Is it a Red Oak or dark Cherry color? U can buy just about any kind of wood at a lumber yard to match what you have and you can put the appropriate finish on it. Make your shadow box and have you wife make a covering for the front of it. I've made numerous fronts, drawers and shelves to match the woodwork in our RV's. DW says they look better than the originals.

pookie210
06-25-2014, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=Sulphur1;132459]Is it a Jensen?
According to the Jensen awm965_owners_manual you can reduce the panel's brightness by 3 levels (page5)

Thanks for the info Sulphur1!! The stereo doesn't bother us in terms of being exposed but that light sure is bright when you have guests sleeping in the living area. Good to know.