PDA

View Full Version : How to open only 1 slide?

wpolderman
01-04-2014, 08:11 AM
We have a 2008 3400RL Montana and want to only open the sofa/dining slide. There are 4 valves and we don't know which one is the correct one to open. The 5th wheel is in the barn and we don't want to open up the wrong one and hit a barn pole. The slides aren't marked. Can anyone help us?

tdawg
01-04-2014, 08:19 AM
On my Alpine there are identifying tags above each knob to turn. To control which slides to operate strange that yours are not marked. I guess you could do 1 at a time just enough to see which slide moves. Then mark them

SAD
01-04-2014, 08:20 AM
We have a 2008 3400RL Montana and want to only open the sofa/dining slide. There are 4 valves and we don't know which one is the correct one to open. The 5th wheel is in the barn and we don't want to open up the wrong one and hit a barn pole. The slides aren't marked. Can anyone help us?

If I was in your shoes, I would close all valves.

Open the first valve and begin extending the slides - only one should move. When it begins, stop the motor by releasing the switch. Mark this valve with a Sharpee. Close this valve and repeat for all remaining valves.

You'd be best to have a helper who can watch one side of the RV for movement while you watch the other.

Even tho it's stored indoors, no slide should move fast enough for you to do this. You don't have to fully extend it. Just enough to know which one is moving.

KYFamily
01-18-2014, 02:58 PM
If I was in your shoes, I would close all valves.

Open the first valve and begin extending the slides - only one should move. When it begins, stop the motor by releasing the switch. Mark this valve with a Sharpee. Close this valve and repeat for all remaining valves.

You'd be best to have a helper who can watch one side of the RV for movement while you watch the other.

Even tho it's stored indoors, no slide should move fast enough for you to do this. You don't have to fully extend it. Just enough to know which one is moving.

I would follow this advice.