PDA

View Full Version : @Ft Wilderness and have an issue with my Surge GUard ATS

Pulln
01-02-2014, 06:24 PM
So the genset works and the shore power was working but was flickering and would shut off. The shore power worked fantastically last weekend and am at a loss for a solution.

I can hear the shore power camping down but I am not getting anything on the output side.

God Bless the Disney folks, they put us up in one of their VIP cabins for the weekend so it isn't a complete loss but I would really like to camp in my camper so if any of you guys have some ideas for me I would sincerely appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Noah

Pulln
01-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Turns out there was a problem with shore power ahead of the pedestal. The night we pulled in and hooked up we could smell an odor if electrical arching but it didn't seem to be coming from the camper.

The following morning the Disney electrician came out and I got to pick his brain about the issue.

Apparently they are in a dire need of some work in these loops.

The folks at TRC responded quickly and with a good tip to get around shore power relay.

Sent from my unicorn powered idevice.

Outbackmel
01-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Please send me a PM "s"plaining what went wrong in the hookup. We are spending March 1-4 at Ft Wilderness. :confused:
Thanks

Pulln
01-06-2014, 04:44 PM
just to clarify about the power issue. Disney had a breaker ahead of the pedestal that controlled power for 5 other sites. The circuit that provided power to my sites pedestal had some sort of issue and melted down. I just happened to be positioned at a site that was next to the street side breaker and was able to smell it as it broke down.

My surge guard would clamp down as I tried to transfer to shore power but since i didn't have my fluke meter with me I couldn't verify what the pedestal was giving me.

After the rain cleared the next day they sent an electrician out to check things over and found out from him that they have a rather aging infrastructure and are in dire need of a good top down clean up and repair.

They put us up in a VIP cabin for the weekend so it wasn't a total loss but had to hard wire out circuit from the street to our pedestal to get power through. I would have never thought in a million years that Disney would have had power issues so it just goes to show you never can trust the shore power side.

There is no doubt in my mind though that Disney is willing to accept ownership and I will definitely take my family there again. In fact we already have a trip booked for December 2014 and will likely make a couple of trips as the opportunity arises.

dkahs05
01-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Which loop did this happen in?

Pulln
01-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Which loop did this happen in?

400 loop we were in 424 and I was told when they had to work on that street side pedestal that 5 other sites had to be taken offline.