PDA

View Full Version : Superglide Question

Houndie Dog
10-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi All,
I am sure this has been covered but I have to ask anyway. When I pick up my cougar next friday the dealer is going to install a reese 16K sliding fifthwheel. Being new to this I have no idea if the Reese is all I need or if I should spend the extra $$$ and get a Superglide.
I have a short bed (about 6'5"). I know that Cougar now has the "Max Turn" technology (gimmick ? ) but as a newbie want to make sure that I make a good and informed decision here.
Thanks,
Grant

Flyguy
10-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Here's a couple of threads that deal with this question; http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167 and also here; http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=518 as far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with the Pullrite Superglide auto slider hitches, they're pricey but give you great piece of mind.

Ruffus
10-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Good morning Grant. I purchased a used Super Glide hitch from craigslist and was really lucky because it came off the same year, model and make of truck that I had, $700 and included the truck side rails. I cleaned it up and have been using it now since January and have about 10K miles and it works perfectly. There is a nice one sitting at Indian River RV in Sebastian FL on their bargin table and has been there for over a year. You might have to buy the side rails but the whole hitch is there. They might be willing to deal since it's been there so long and I'm sure they would ship it or maybe you could do a weekend drive after you barter with them. Just a thought. I would have bought it but I already had mine when I spotted it.
Jim B

antiqfreq
10-09-2010, 05:33 AM
We have had our Pullrite SuperGlide hitch since we picked up our fifth wheel on 2/1/2008 and we travell fulltime and have not had a problem ever.

We too have a short bed Ford and the DH says he truly is glad he has that hitch. We have never had to get out to physically put it in the slide position as it does all that automatically.

We liked that option and are happy with our results. No problems with the hitch itself either.

Jo

sloopdog 1
10-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I also got my Superglide from craigslist, for $300.00.It did not have the mounting rails, but that was not a problem,as I fabricated my own.I would not have any other hitch.Just hitch and go, don't have to think about the sharp turns.