PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

cabinfever
12-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all and thanks for the great info. All of you have made the first year having a TT so much more enjoyable! Here is a pic of Christmas Eve in Erie PA...

JRTJH
12-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Cabinfever,

I'm not sure if you intended it or not when you created your account, but this time of year, your forum name is really appropriate :)

There's a marked difference in the photo if your signature and the current outside scenery. It looks like more of the nation will have a white Christmas than usual.

Merry Christmas to you and your family from the "frozen Tundra" of upper Michigan. At 8 this morning it was -19 with the sun shining..... Even the dog didn't want to go outside without lots of encouragement, and he was back inside in record time LOL

byrdr1
12-24-2013, 07:09 AM
:xmas1:
back at you.
Clear and cool here this morning.. but temps rising as the day goes on!
randy
JRTJH, I think i saw were the upper, somewhere got 3 foot of lake effect snow..

Andymon
12-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Great pic! We are heading out to Brookings, Oregon in about 3 hours. This will be our longest trip and our third trip out. We will be there for 5 days and are very excited. Going to be with great friends. Merry Christmas to all of you and have a healthy and prosperous New Year!!

JRTJH
12-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Andy,

Merry Christmas to you as well :)

byrdr1,

A couple of weeks ago, St Ignace, just across the Mackinaw Bridge got 24" of lake effect snow in a 6 hour period. In the past couple of days, the northern lakeshore (the southern part of Lake Superior) along the highway from Newberry to Marquette has been getting over 18" daily The snowmobile trail reports for that area include some closed trails because there's too much snow and they cant get it down far enough to clear the overhead branches. LOL Around here, we've had about 6' (yes that's feet) of snow so far this year and we're already into the 3rd day of winter LOL It's going to be a winter like we "used to get" from the looks of things. I don't believe a word of "global warming" based on what I see outside our "snowglobe" (our back family room is all glass and it's like being inside a snowglobe, but with a fireplace to keep us warm).

I'm thinking we may not wait till March to head south, heck, I'm ready now !!! but my DW is still "thrilled with the beauty" <sigh> Of course, she isn't shoveling and plowing all that "BEAUTY" :xmas14:

Festus2
12-24-2013, 08:01 AM
No snowmen :xmas8: or snowballing :xmas14: around this part of the world. It's going to be a green Christmas.

White or green - doesn't really matter - its a special time of the year and I wish all of our members a very Merry Christmas. May there be Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards men in the coming New Year.

cabinfever
12-24-2013, 08:02 AM
JRTJH....That's exactly why I picked the name, we love camping so much we get cabin fever in the middle of the week during summer! We were going to name the TT Cabinfever, but have changed that to Forest Shadows. On the snow totals, we are just above 4 feet for the winter so far.

crash
12-24-2013, 08:21 AM
:xmas1::ny1:to you to.No snow here you can keep it all with you this year:D

SAABDOCTOR
12-24-2013, 08:22 AM
:xmas1::ny1:TO ALL HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE A HEALTHY YEAR TO COME.Weather here is crazy snow then high in the 60's then rain now 15 maybe snow tonight. just makes me look forward to camping season. Bless you all Merry Christmas stay safe:D