PDA

View Full Version : Winter

Albert
12-06-2013, 12:04 PM
19 degrees and snowing in Portland Oregon. RV and pickup winterized and all tucked in the barn. I know this is not cold for a lot of you folks, but it certainly is for Portland!

tdawg
12-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Going to be below 0 tonight here in iowa i think i will stay inside by the fire tonight

Andymon
12-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Currently 32 here and snowing although not sticking too much but probably more so up in the passes. Suppose to get down to 7-9 degrees tomorrow night. coldest I've seen here in 34 years!

SAD
12-06-2013, 04:39 PM
19 degrees and snowing in Portland Oregon. RV and pickup winterized and all tucked in the barn. I know this is not cold for a lot of you folks, but it certainly is for Portland!

Currently 19F.... Gonna be 3F in the morning.... RV all tucked away in shop (not winterized)... Truck in garage....

Not taking pics for you guys dunce it's cold and snow is on the ground. :p

dandjh1958
12-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Currently 21 in Walport Oregon. I'm toasty warm in my Hideout watching the harbor seals and otters play in the Alsea bay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Lost
12-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Great day here in Michigan. The sun is out and looks great until I went outside and realized it's only 16F..... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I think I'll enjoy it from the inside of my house looking out :rofl:

Jim W
12-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Woke up this morning and it was 5F outside right now it is only 9F at 9:45 AM. The high today maybe around 19F and a low of 9F tonight, love winter just wish we had snow so we could do something outside like cross country skiing.

Jim W.

crash
12-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Mid 70s thursday and friday now 43 and sleet /rain mix later on tonight with highs on sunday of 34:(,But dw will be home from her 9 day trip to Ireland so me is gonna be snug as a bug in a rug sunday :DAnd Albert you can keep the cold temps and snow but I would like for you to please remove your camper and truck from my garage please:D

Albert
12-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Mid 70s thursday and friday now 43 and sleet /rain mix later on tonight with highs on sunday of 34:(,But dw will be home from her 9 day trip to Ireland so me is gonna be snug as a bug in a rug sunday :DAnd Albert you can keep the cold temps and snow but I would like for you to please remove your camper and truck from my garage please:D

Sorry Crash, took me a long time to convince my wife to let me spend the money to build it. Will not give it up easily:)

Hoyt31
12-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Ha Ha ... It was -46c this morning where I live in the morning , needless to say my fuzion 390 has been away for the last 2 months.

Festus2
12-07-2013, 04:02 PM
For our American friends who don't think in "Celsius" ....... that is about -50 degrees F. It really doesn't matter which side of the border we are on, that is REALLY cold!!!!!

hankaye
12-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Festus2, Howdy;

Are you in your home or your RV?

Now try it in the RV :D

hank

JRTJH
12-07-2013, 07:57 PM
From my "personal" experience, walking the flightline at Northern Tier bases like Minot, ND, KI Sawyer AFB, MI and Thunder Bay "asylum" Ontario, I can report that when it gets below 0*F it doesn't much matter if it's -10 or -50.... COLD is COLD !!!!! I well remember being suited up in a parka, extreme weather pants, bunny boots, mittens and standing next to an AGE heater. The side next to the heater was "warmer" and the side not next to the heater had ice forming on my clothing. I felt like a "frozen hot dog" being cooked/frozen/cooked/frozen...... It was so cold it hurt to breathe (and the Canadians laughed and were playing hockey) That's why I call it the "Thunder Bay Asylym" :eek:

Maybe the difference in -10 and -50 is that exposed flesh will freeze in 30 seconds rather than in 1 minute, but if you're foolish enough (or dumb enough) to be out in it without proper protection, well....... Does it really matter? LOL

And, as for trying it in an RV ??? HA!!!!! :p

Festus2
12-07-2013, 08:05 PM
hank -----

At home where it is warm and cozy inside (20 deg Cel) but not so warm and cozy outside (-7 deg C). I am thinking that it is about the same temperature inside the Cougar but I'm not about leave the house to find out. :eek:

theeyres
12-07-2013, 08:11 PM
So sorry to hear about those temps. It's 46 F right now here in southern AZ, supposed to get down to 37 and up to to 60 F tomorrow. Can't really say I'm sorry to be where I am. :)

hankaye
12-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Festus, Howdy;

Currently 70* F inside (20.4* C),
outside 31* F (- 0.5* C).
Heater is working fine, zero condensation :D

hankaye

Kristi
12-09-2013, 09:00 AM
For our American friends who don't think in "Celsius" ....... that is about -50 degrees F. It really doesn't matter which side of the border we are on, that is REALLY cold!!!!!

-50 F? I can't even wrap my mind around those kinda temps... Brrr! It hasn't been above freezing here in 4 days & today was the first time. I'm just a big ole wimp when it come to cold. :rofl:

SAD
12-09-2013, 09:19 AM
-50 F? I can't even wrap my mind around those kinda temps... Brrr! It hasn't been above freezing here in 4 days & today was the first time. I'm just a big ole wimp when it come to cold. :rofl:

You got above freezing today? Lucky duck!

hankpage
12-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Crazy weather here in New Jersey.. Friday was 60°F and sunny, Sunday 26°F and we got 8" of the white stuff in about 6 hours ... Sunday night it warmed up to 34°F and started to rain ..... Monday morning at 6am 40°F and all the snow was gone. (why the heck did I shovel the driveway???) I should have stayed in front of the fireplace and watched the football game being played 50 mi. away where it wasn't snowing. That's Fahrenheit style football not Celsius style. ( Soccer :rolleyes: ) Mother Nature has gone crazy!!!!!! Now, can we please start talking about Spring or warm sunny beaches?????
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1149 ↔ Hank

byrdr1
12-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Thats what my son tells me, you don't understand cold dad. He spent 2&1/2 yrs at Why Not Minot!! 20 minutes of outdoor exposure time was it per hour for 12 hour shift. He came home, his first winter he was out and wore shorts most days. Now he is back to his ole' self but he can still handle cold much better than most around here.
kristi, we have had 3 days of it hovering at 32-34 degrees with the ice crap yesterday. the only thing i saw with ice was light coating on my evergreens and my 5er's ladder on the back and it's almost out of the weather, got to do a little more work on that back side of Rvport.
I feel for those in the deep freeze..what ever side of the border!
randy

Jay D
12-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Albert,
what brand of building did you use?

Thanks, Jay

Kristi
12-10-2013, 06:42 AM
SAD- gonna be 39F here today... heat wave! lol

Byrd- I grew up on the Carolina coast- this white stuff & cold I don't think I'll ever get used to.

SAABDOCTOR
12-10-2013, 12:50 PM
2INCHES OF ICE ON MONDAY And 5 inches of snow today plus below freezing but 30 is better than - numbers:banghead:

BeerCan
12-12-2013, 07:29 AM
whoa. Seems it is winter everywhere but here in Florida. Been in the mid to upper 80's all week. Does not feel like Christmas at all.

Saabdoctor, how close are you to Moodus? I am coming up that way at the end of the month for 10 days. I don't even own a jacket :eek: I think I am going to freeze my tookus off.

SAABDOCTOR
12-12-2013, 07:39 AM
lookin at the weather map even Florida is getting colder:eek: FLARP!

hankpage
12-12-2013, 07:42 AM
whoa. Seems it is winter everywhere but here in Florida. Been in the mid to upper 80's all week. Does not feel like Christmas at all.

Saabdoctor, how close are you to Moodus? I am coming up that way at the end of the month for 10 days. I don't even own a jacket :eek: I think I am going to freeze my tookus off.

Still time to head to Bealls and get 20% off on winter coats. Layers, layers, layers.http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=299&pictureid=1407 We all feel so sorry for you.

SAABDOCTOR
12-12-2013, 09:27 AM
i am about 90 min from there. You best to buy a warm coat! what are doing up there family? :):)

PT RV`er
12-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I don`t know how you guys do it. I wouldn't survive one night up north. Pure southern boy here. My sister lives in Montana and always asks me when I`m coming to visit. There`s always this dead silence after that question.

BeerCan
12-12-2013, 04:22 PM
i am about 90 min from there. You best to buy a warm coat! what are doing up there family? :):)

Yes both my brothers live in CT. My family is coming up for the holidays. I like the Moodus area, except when it is to cold. Brrr.

BTW we did cool off here today. Low 70's -- I almost had to wear long pants.

laidback
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM
used to was from Ct. Haven't gone back for the holidays for two yrs, family can wait until April. Chilly over here in the panhandle today about 53 and windy.

SAABDOCTOR
12-13-2013, 12:16 PM
OH YOU LUCKY ONES from the south. were gettin ready for a bunch of snow and hi temps Saturday will be 19F:banghead:

JRTJH
12-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Oh yeah !!!

I went out today to get my trail camera off the tree at my hunting site and the lock was frozen, the batteries were dead (frozen) and the camera box was covered with ice and snow. The last picture taken was around noon on December 5. That's when all this "really cold weather" started.....

I NEVER had a trail camera battery (Energizer C batteries) actually freeze and stop working... The camera is sitting on the kitchen table now, warm and everything is just fine.... I guess I've got to find some "cold weather batteries" before next year Hmmmmmm

It warmed up to 11 today, so it's time to get outside, start "raking snow" (the leaves are covered) and break out the swim suits :) Yeah, Right !!!

:xmas14: