PDA

View Full Version : Towing a Raptor

rough rider
12-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Wow your unit looks really nice can't wait to get ours. Does your unit pull well with the dually, any problems, just curious as we will be pulling with dually also? We slapped a set of air bags on the truck just in case of leveling issues, not sure if it is even needed. Looks like the 415 and 384 are pretty close in weight, guess we are getting a little nervous going from a 33' TT to a full blown Raptor. Anyway, you guys are traveling in style, have fun.

Bugz1985
12-03-2013, 08:28 AM
My GMC pulls it just fine truck dropped 1 inch when hooked up.

EricLynnAllison
12-03-2013, 06:01 PM
I pull the Raptor 410lev with a chevy diesel dually without any problems although I did add a triglide to reduce the chucking.

rough rider
12-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks gives me more confidence knowing the duallys deliver, happy trails!

crash
12-04-2013, 03:16 AM
Our 08 f350 dually doesnt have any problems pulling our 384pk Raptor ,we have logged over 8,000 pulled miles with it so far and still going strong ,Better now since both turbos went out about 2,500 miles ago:D

rough rider
12-04-2013, 04:06 PM
With any luck Crash will be in our 384 soon kinda depends on the snow forecast in January for Ohio the worst time! If we are able to hook and run we are heading South. Guess I should send Keystone a thank you note if it is not snowing. We were thinking about hauling the motorcycles in the back of the truck to throw in the toy box for the added weight, may not do it if it is freezing cold.How do you guys like your 384, any significant issues? Does your year model have the 7000lb axles and do you recommend a different brand tire over the stock tires? Thanks

crash
12-05-2013, 03:42 AM
We love ours but could use alittle more sitting space in the living area:)The only problems we have had was the main tv went out on first trip,second trip the furnace went out,thrid trip the garage tv and micro went out and the acouple trips later the icebox in the kitchen went out ,sounds like alot but we use the crap out of it all the time ,always going some where like I said we have over 8,000 miles on it still have the stock tires on there all but one the last trip we ran over something in the road blowing it ,havent had any problems with the rest of the tire so far.Yes we have the 7,000lbs axles on ours to.

rough rider
12-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks Crash we are pretty much looking at the kitchen area for cooking, our last toy hauler we ended up using the garage as a theater room/bar/garage, what the hell two patios to choose from plus 3 awnings, we will be in Disneyland compared to our last hauler. Good to hear about the tires to many war stories on Keystone and Heartland forums of blown tires. Just for fun we looked at Heartlands attempt to try and match a 384pk, it's their new 4200, pictures are on their site. Out of 19 post by Heartland owners nothing but disappointing reviews, oh well! Wife and I agree the living area is kinda small in the 384 but other areas fit our need, guess I'll have to keep her outside; yeah right. Thanks for the reply Crash holler at you later.

crash
12-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Glad I could shed some light your way about our travels with the Raptor:party:on:D

Drew Waller
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
We are pulling a 332 TS Raptor Toy Hauler with a 2006 Chevy diesel dually with a Trail-Air Tri-Glide hitch add on (LOADED!) and have never thought about buying another truck since 2006.:)