PDA

View Full Version : Generator battery

jeff-14
12-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I want charge my battery while it is in my generator, it is diffecult to remove the battery. Is it possible for me to solder two additional wires to the positive and negative posts. Then attach those wires to bolts and extend them through the side of the generator so I can keep the battery charged.

Bushman512000
12-04-2013, 01:29 AM
You may find out more information if You give more as in ...make /model/age may help also... I have a Honda 3000 and never have a dead battery are Your posts clean ?is your battery old? have dead cells? I have a friend with a 3000 made by a China or Korean company name of not sure was Yellow in colour it was 1 year old the battery was toast and He was having trouble with that unit from day one My Honda battery gave up last year! But was about 7years old so have Your battery checked may be a new one will fix Your problem My battery was $42.00 bought in a Car Quest Store in Mississippi and I had started the gen. last night after a oil change lots of hours on it I use it a lot ..Good luck with Yours Bushman :D

trucker LOU
12-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Hey Jeff, as a preventive measure I use a Battery Tender Jr. to maintain my gen batt.It comes with a polarized pig tail and plug.avail at amazon and other places.----Lou----

jtyphoid
12-05-2013, 04:54 AM
+1 on the battery tender jr. You can leave the pigtail attached to your battery and hanging out of the side of your genset for easy hook up and disconnect.