PDA

View Full Version : Wow..ton a campers on the road this past weekend.

chris199
12-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Visited our daughter and her husband in Chattanooga over Thanksgiving. Drove down/up routes 81, 40, and 75. Wow....amazed at how many RVs we saw down south on Thanksgiving day and again yesterday. Started seeing them around Wytheville VA and frequency increased as we got closer to Chattanooga. We have to mov south. We winterized our RV a month ago!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ken / Claudia
12-02-2013, 12:32 PM
On my way to work on Sunday afternoon, I noticed alot more RVs than I guessed I would, most going N on I-5 and I-205 into Portland. I could not see most of the license plates but, guess that most were coming home from weekend outings. My thought was that more people are RVing than in the past few years. The numbers I seen would be normal in summer months.

Laredo291OH
12-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi Chris,

Noticed you had I-75 on your list, would guess most of those RV's were heading south to Florida for the winter. We live just a couple of miles from I-75, there are fivers from Michigan and Canada heading south continuously starting about mid November . Seems to pick up after the holidays. Then in the spring, you see them all heading back north again.

2011 keystone
12-02-2013, 06:18 PM
A lot of people have been hunting and using there TT for that around here for the past couple of weeks

byrdr1
12-02-2013, 06:40 PM
We were one of those campers. We spent 9 days near myrtle beach camping. Weather was bad for most of the week. Rain, freezing temps, high winds, but we were camping, it is an outdoor experience:).

Outbackmel
12-02-2013, 07:47 PM
When visiting shows and CW, seems like lots of buyers out there. Modern conveniences in these RV's make for more appealing vacations. Have not heard of any of us having bed bugs or nasty stains on the bedspreads, soiled water glasses in rooms, and a million other items. :eek:

Cannot envision a time in our future that does not include our RV whether it is this current one or another. We love it!

Let's quit telling others how nice it really is so we do not become overcrowded. :)