PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Pump on 34SAQ

bcsjbaylor
11-28-2013, 02:37 PM
I have a small problem with the hydraulic pump on my 2007 fifth wheel, model 34SAQ. Both when putting the slides in or out, the pump motor will often times quit after pushing the 3rd slide, and maybe half way through the 4th. If I count to 10, the pump will work and the 4th slide will continue on it's way in or out.

At first I thought the motor was just getting hot, but 10 seconds doesn't seem like a whole lot of time to cool down. Plus when I felt the motor and the pump, nothing was at all hot, or even warm.

This has been doing this for the 2 years I've had the fifth wheel. It isn't a big problem as I've never been stuck not being able to open/close the slides. But I'd sure like to know why it does.

Thanks.

MConnelly
11-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Start with the basics..90% of pump problems are in the connection of the battery. Check to see that the connections are clean and tight . Even the ones that go to the fuze connections. Have the battery checked. (The pump is quite a load) . Maybe a cell is weak or sulfated. Check the fluid level in the pump reservoir.

WaltBennett
11-29-2013, 12:00 PM
If you are using a remote, it may be time to replace the battery. Had that happen to me a few months ago.

abneynormal
11-29-2013, 05:57 PM
your pump has a self resetting circuit breaker mine clicks off I hear it click and I continue on. im going to buy a back up for when it dosent reset. fyi it is a little silver box with 2 bolts w/nuts that has a wire bolted to each terminal close to the battery.