PDA

View Full Version : 4300 International stacks?

spicercars
11-26-2013, 05:46 PM
I have a 4300 International that I pull my Raptor with and I would love to put stacks on it but I am worried about smoking up the side of the camper? Any info would be great. Thanks

hankaye
11-26-2013, 06:35 PM
spicercars, Howdy;

Take a cruze through a truck stop, check out the rigs parked there
and take notice of the way their stacks are set-up. Notice especially
the ones with clean sides on their trailers. Best I can do for ya.

hankaye

Ron
11-26-2013, 09:02 PM
With the stacks on our Freightliner, we have not had any issues smoking up the sides of the trailer, the only thing I have to worry about is if rain water gets in them, them it will spit out black soot at the trailer unless I let it idle and burn the moisture out of them...

jsmith948
11-27-2013, 05:26 AM
With the stacks on our Freightliner, we have not had any issues smoking up the sides of the trailer, the only thing I have to worry about is if rain water gets in them, them it will spit out black soot at the trailer unless I let it idle and burn the moisture out of them...

Back-in-the-day, we used to carry a couple of cans and a stick long enough to reach the top of the stacks. Place the cans on the stacks overnight to prevent the soot inside the stack from getting wet. The cans blow right off at start-up.:)

Ron
11-27-2013, 06:53 AM
I have thought of the can over pipe idea before but can not find a decent looking can to match the truck :eek:...LOL

hankaye
11-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Howdy All;

If you have straight pipes then you could get some of the 'Flapper tops".

With turn-outs or with any diesel it's always a good idea to allow it to idle
for several minutes and allow 'things' to warn-up before using it. Only takes
a few minutes ... saves ya a lot in future maintenance.

hankaye

Quad
11-27-2013, 04:44 PM
I've pulled a TT for 7 yrs and a 5th wheel for a year now and have never had an issue with black smoke causing a stained or sooted area on ether like you see on some semi's trailers. Like mentioned, the worst is after it rains if you take off right away it'll blow soot droplets on the trailer and bed sides. But that's always been the extent of it.