PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Raptors

rough rider
11-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Well we have not signed the paperwork yet and may not make the purchase. I have noted that the mid model Raptors have removed the touch screen stereo and replaced it with a crap car stereo head unit. Next, there are no longer stereo speakers in the main living area only garage and outside. The good news is a larger television in the living area 46", the bad news is your only sound is the new sound bar that is probably only hooked only to the tv and no sub woofer for added bass; sounds like junk at best! My wife and I have also noticed the units with the doors that lead to the bathroom and bedroom no longer have the insert, (smoked plexi glass we think) and have been replaced with a solid door; yuk. It seems as though when they spent the money to change the exterior it has taken some of the cool items from the interior. The last thing we noticed is no roof vent in the 384pk main cabin, the loss of a nice window in the kitchen to make room for a microwave that is way to big over the stove. These changes are making me ready to pull the plug, may have to keep looking.

JRTJH
11-25-2013, 06:09 PM
If the issues you see cause you to pause and think about it, then you should keep looking. Life's too short and money is too hard to get to spend it on something you're not happy with. Talk to the dealer about a possible "change out" of the things you don't like for the previous components that you liked. He may be able to get his hands on the things that would make you happy.

Festus2
11-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Going out on a limb here but I would think that the stereo, speakers and other audio and TV components that are found in RV's, regardless of brand or model, are mediocre at best. If you are looking at rich, high quality sound, then you may be disappointed in the results and you may not be satisfied until you replace the stereo, amp, speakers and other components with better quality components that meet your listening and viewing expectations.

Somehow, I doubt whether Keystone or other RV manufacturers spend a lot of cash on high quality stereo gear in their units.

If you really like all the other features, try, as JRTJH suggested to work out something with the dealer or bite the bullet with the idea of replacing the stock "stuff" with something you will enjoy.

rough rider
11-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Good advice, have not backed out yet but just kinda sets in my mind that when you pay this much it seems as though we are getting a little short changed.

rough rider
11-25-2013, 07:14 PM
One last thought you are right about not getting caught up in the electronics, after looking at other brands they are all under par when I think about it. Appreciate both of you responding maybe im getting the time to close out the deal gitters, I'm sure I'm not the first to go through this. I will talk to the dealer and see if maybe little things can be adjusted. Anyway thanks for the response.

SRFD136
11-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Lots of talk on other threads about new model stereos. The touch screens were not working that well and the sound bar under the tv is connected to the stereo. Put the soundbar on AUX and it'll play the stereo in the main room with the hidden sub. The only drawback to the soundbar is that you must be plugged in or the generator has to be running. Hope your purchase is smooth, you'll love it.

rnkburg
11-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Well if it makes you feel any better I have the 2012 300 mp and the stereo speakers in the living room are different ohm than the rest causing them to be quieter than the others . The sub rattles the fuse case and sounds like crsp when its on. I have been trying to come up with a solutions for the sub. Probably going to switch the living room Sony speakers to the marine like the rest and go from there.

There is always something.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

rough rider
11-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Again I appreciate the feed back from everyone believe it or not its makes signing that much easier. Thanks for the feed back on the sound bar I learned something new today and that's a good thing, I did not know the stereo was tied in to the sound bar. On the subject of marine grade speakes Polk Audio has some really good ones! Guess I'm going have to get creative with all this electronic stuff and look for some after market up grades, the tough part is getting it passed the wife. Thanks again.