PDA

View Full Version : New Seasonal campers in Wisconsin

LABSRUS
11-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Hello,

We have been wanting to become seasonal campers for about 4 years now!
After we camped in our pop up at a beautiful northern Wisconsin campground we were hooked. This coming year is finally our year. We bought a really nice, new, 2014 Springdale 311REGL with a huge living room. It has 2 opposing slides with tons of space for us and our 2 chocolate labs.
We signed the contract on our seasonal site for the 2014 camping season.

We couldn't be more excited!

I'm sure we'll be asking tons of questions in the seasonal camping section.

SAABDOCTOR
11-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi and:wlcm: to the forum ask away!! i am in the process of trying to get the DW to go seasonal wish me luck. enjoy the new camper and the CG.

Ken / Claudia
11-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Welcome, friends have labrus as a license plate, they have 4. And they do RV with them.

LABSRUS
11-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi and:wlcm: to the forum ask away!! i am in the process of trying to get the DW to go seasonal wish me luck. enjoy the new camper and the CG.

Thank you and good luck! I think we are going to love it!!

LABSRUS
11-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Welcome, friends have labrus as a license plate, they have 4. And they do RV with them.

Small world - that is our license plate too! In Wisconsin :)
We had three chocolate labs for about 6 months, but unfortunately lost our older male to cancer at the end of July.
Are your friends in Oregon?

TAZ23
11-26-2013, 02:27 AM
:wlcm: to the forum from northern Wisconsin. We went semi seasonal 3 years ago. We have a seasonal site at a campground in Boulder Junction, but occasionaly we will pull it to some other place in northern Wisconsin for a trip and then back to the trailers "home". I think you will really like it. I know it works for us. Every thing is set up and ready for you when you get there and we use it virtually every weekend that we are not busy with something else. Congrats on the new trailer and happy camping.:)

LABSRUS
11-26-2013, 07:13 AM
:wlcm: to the forum from northern Wisconsin. We went semi seasonal 3 years ago. We have a seasonal site at a campground in Boulder Junction, but occasionaly we will pull it to some other place in northern Wisconsin for a trip and then back to the trailers "home". I think you will really like it. I know it works for us. Every thing is set up and ready for you when you get there and we use it virtually every weekend that we are not busy with something else. Congrats on the new trailer and happy camping.:)

We love the Boulder Junction area and have visited for over a decade. When we decided we were going to be seasonal campers, we had to decide between there and Door County. Could you be at Camp Holiday by chance? That is our favorite campground in that area and seriously considered making that our home, but we haven't done enough in Door County so we decided on that area instead.

Ken / Claudia
11-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes, their actually in gladstone also. I mispelled the plate it is labsrus, I left out S. We have a yellow male, my retirement gift to myself when I left OSP. Friends have four blacks 2 males, 2 females. We duck hunt together and are in the DU Oregon chapters. They also have a keystone TH 30ft.

TAZ23
11-27-2013, 01:38 AM
We love the Boulder Junction area and have visited for over a decade. When we decided we were going to be seasonal campers, we had to decide between there and Door County. Could you be at Camp Holiday by chance? That is our favorite campground in that area and seriously considered making that our home, but we haven't done enough in Door County so we decided on that area instead.

We are a Birchwood CG which is about 3 miles from camp holiday. Up H to hwy K and then left about 100 feet. On the Manitowish river. Its a smaller campground with about 40 sites, most of them seasonal. Very relaxing.

LABSRUS
11-27-2013, 09:15 AM
We are a Birchwood CG which is about 3 miles from camp holiday. Up H to hwy K and then left about 100 feet. On the Manitowish river. Its a smaller campground with about 40 sites, most of them seasonal. Very relaxing.

That campground looks really nice, probably less expensive than Camp Holiday too! Is Spirit Lake a motor allowed lake? I can't believe we missed that one!

TAZ23
11-28-2013, 03:28 AM
That campground looks really nice, probably less expensive than Camp Holiday too! Is Spirit Lake a motor allowed lake? I can't believe we missed that one!
Not sure where Spirit lake is. never been there.