PDA

View Full Version : Above the freezer?

Andymon
11-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Anyone know what's in the space above the freezer in our 266? It looks like a good space to use. I don't want to knock out the panel if there's wiring or a vent pipe in there.

billb800si
11-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Let's see- if you remove the frig panel outside you'll find the frig wiring & ammonia tubes and gas burner. Our frig's work off of heating the ammonia gas. You DON'T want to block the frig vent located behind the freezer compartment that exhausts outside. If you block that area then the efficiency of the frig drops dramatically and you could build up dangerous gases back there.
Be very careful.................

Andymon
11-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Let's see- if you remove the frig panel outside you'll find the frig wiring & ammonia tubes and gas burner. Our frig's work off of heating the ammonia gas. You DON'T want to block the frig vent located behind the freezer compartment that exhausts outside. If you block that area then the efficiency of the frig drops dramatically and you could build up dangerous gases back there.
Be very careful.................

thanks for the reply. Here's a pic of the spot above the freezer that I am/was hoping to use as more storage.
http://photos3.automanager.com/023320/09aa853200d80a4982f31e1f250eddbe/7644c20305_640.jpg

outwest
11-23-2013, 12:37 PM
looks to me like they allowed for taller refrigerators when creating the hole and simply filled it in. Not having that model of trailer, though, it's hard to say.

On our older trailer (84 Avion) there was a cabinet above the fridge. The only problem was that it stayed a bit warmer in it than the other upper cabinets. Figured it was due to heat from the fridge radiating upward. Well, that and when fridge had to be replaced the new one had issues with keeping food at proper temps in warmer (90F+) weather, even with fan kit installed. But that's another issue...

therink
11-23-2013, 02:50 PM
In my rig, there is cabinet storage directly above my fridhe/freezer. I don't know exact depth, but I can fit a roll of paper towels in it lying down. My guess is that the space in yours is empty as well.

f6bits
11-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I'd open it and look…which is what I've done to every single panel in my trailer. It's quite enlightening.

Speaking of storage, I have a cabinet below my oven. It looks like yours is a panel as well.

Andymon
11-23-2013, 05:16 PM
I'd open it and look…which is what I've done to every single panel in my trailer. It's quite enlightening.

Speaking of storage, I have a cabinet below my oven. It looks like yours is a panel as well.

My only concern is that the pane has been stapled from the inside so getting the panel back in might not be an easy thing. I just don't want to bang it out and then go....dang!

The panel below my oven contains the water heater.