PDA

View Full Version : rear cargo shelf

Abnormal
11-21-2013, 07:37 PM
I am interested in adding a cargo carrier in the back of my Passport. Specifically one that attaches to the frame and swing up out of the way above the number when not in use. These seem really sturdy and convenient.
I would like to hear from anyone that has experienced these. I don't know how much they cost or where I might purchase one. There are probably other posts on the subject but couldn't narrow down my search results.
Any insight appreciated
Thanks.

Abnormal
03-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Has anyone ever had something similar installed? It is attached directly to the frame. The dealer at the show has never had a request for one installed aftermarket and couldn't readily give me a cost estimate. Saw these at the RV Show this weekend. I've attached 2 similar models. Anyone?

Dave & SUe
03-04-2014, 06:35 AM
We have on order a new Chaparral 29 RKS.Yes we are trading off our Outback.It comes with a back rack like pictured.It has a 450# rated sticker on it.Looks to be strongly mounted.Time will tell.I plan on putting a truck tool box on it to put the heavier stuff out from the basement in it.If weight works out,also plan on putting our 100# generator on it too.Our unit wont be in until the end of this month.I have talked to a guy who has one one his trailer and says it works great.I hope ours does too.

Marcusjolaine
10-26-2014, 06:58 PM
We have on order a new Chaparral 29 RKS.Yes we are trading off our Outback.It comes with a back rack like pictured.It has a 450# rated sticker on it.Looks to be strongly mounted.Time will tell.I plan on putting a truck tool box on it to put the heavier stuff out from the basement in it.If weight works out,also plan on putting our 100# generator on it too.Our unit wont be in until the end of this month.I have talked to a guy who has one one his trailer and says it works great.I hope ours does too.

Any updates or pictures on from your new set up?