PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Interior Designer

KanTC
11-20-2013, 09:56 AM
An article about one of Keystone's interior designers.

http://blog.koa.com/keystone-rv-designer-knows-the-details-make-it-feel-like-home/?RRID=4766667&rmid=1311_Kompass_US

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

SAABDOCTOR
11-20-2013, 10:49 AM
VERY INTERESTING He must have been on vacation when the cabinetts that open upward were designed:eek:

KanTC
11-20-2013, 11:07 AM
:rofl: Barney... I had some similar thoughts when I read the article too.

I'm only 5'3", and have to use a step-stool just to reach the majority of cabinets/shelves in any RV.
If they designed an RV to suit ME, most everyone else would fuss. :D

I guess designers *can't please all the people, all of the time*, and overall they seem to do a decent job.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

crash
11-21-2013, 03:42 AM
They must have been half asleep while designing ours:D

billb800si
11-21-2013, 07:03 AM
We sure are glad that newer models are getting away from all the "flowery" design fabrics. We even noticed that our new trailer came with wooden blinds and no wallpaper border on the walls.
I remember our 2007 Jayco Eagle that we replaced all the window treatments and shades throughout. Wife couldn't stand looking at designs..

gkainz
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
,,,I'm only 5'3", and have to use a step-stool just to reach the majority of cabinets/shelves in any RV...

I'm 6' and I have to use a step-stool to reach the upper cabinets in our rig.

f6bits
11-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I thought the decor was part cruise ship/part hotel. Not something I'd see in almost any home.

airforceret
11-22-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm 5' 8" and have to admit I like most of the cabinet heights in our 280RLS. I don't think the designer ever thought about actually traveling in a 280RLS, but we do love the layout once it's opened up.

There are a couple things I'd have done differently if I could design my own, but I guarantee that will never happen!!!

I have to admit that I did literally walk through about 250 different campers before making this choice. There is one other I would rather have, but just couldn't justify the added cost.

fla-gypsy
11-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote from the article

"He and his team spend their days pouring through consumer research, visiting furniture and home décor stores to watch consumer behavior, and adding just the right touches to make each RV feel just like home."

Uh, maybe it's just me but I have never seen the gawdy/silly looking stuff in RV's at any decent furniture or home decorating store unless they mean Walmart

Murphsmom
11-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Wouldn't that be "poring"? Maybe pouring over those many resources made it look like it was just cobbled together. Sorry for being picky, but my feeling is that when an article is published, someone should at least go over it for spelling and proper word usage. Guess my age is showing.

Our last TT had different "decor" in the living area and in the bedroom area. Trouble was, this was a 23' travel trailer and all of it was in the same room. It just looked like they ran out of the fabric in the valences, so threw something else at it.

outwest
11-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote from the article

"He and his team spend their days pouring through consumer research, visiting furniture and home décor stores to watch consumer behavior, and adding just the right touches to make each RV feel just like home."

Uh, maybe it's just me but I have never seen the gawdy/silly looking stuff in RV's at any decent furniture or home decorating store unless they mean Walmart

That explains why KMart had a footstool that had the same polka dot pattern as our rv's bdrm valances and why walmart had doormats that matched fabrics.

outwest
11-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Wouldn't that be "poring"? Maybe pouring over those many resources made it look like it was just cobbled together. Sorry for being picky, but my feeling is that when an article is published, someone should at least go over it for spelling and proper word usage. Guess my age is showing.

Our last TT had different "decor" in the living area and in the bedroom area. Trouble was, this was a 23' travel trailer and all of it was in the same room. It just looked like they ran out of the fabric in the valences, so threw something else at it.

Ha! Good catch! Improper word usage, poor spelling, bad grammar and such in publications makes me nuts as well. I really like it (sarcasm intended) when local news anchors use bad grammar or completely incorrect words.

Andymon
11-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Even tough ours is an 08 we are quite happy with the interior design. We have the Palm Canyon design and really like the colors. I'm just glad ours doesn't have the really dark wood that the newer ones have. Makes me feel like I'm in a cave. the previous owners took both swivel rockers with them when they had the Tt repo'd. The rv dealer went and bought really nice recliners that match very nice.

theeyres
11-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Come on now, you all know that is just a bunch of hype. Wall paper borders, designs on the wall board, linoleum floors, couches that sit on a platform, ropes lights around the ceiling (in those high end mhs)...few people choose that in any of their homes. I love my trailer, but it ain't home!!!!

CUFFS054
11-25-2013, 03:36 PM
My 2010 Springdale with "Cranberry Mist" decor even came with black mirrored cabinet door with gold frilly crap on top of that. Really? Come spring there's gonna be some changes made! (at least I think so if I get permission...)

outwest
11-25-2013, 04:09 PM
My 2010 Springdale with "Cranberry Mist" decor even came with black mirrored cabinet door with gold frilly crap on top of that. Really? Come spring there's gonna be some changes made! (at least I think so if I get permission...)

that was the deluxe pimpin' add-on! :rofl:

Watt
11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Not sure what the market would be, but I wish they would offer an option that had less interior kitchen and more sitting area. We travel with two kids and generally do outdoor cooking/dining and don't use the stove and oven that much. Just a thought...

Andymon
11-25-2013, 04:54 PM

What? You're not a "Bling" sorta guy? LOL!

JRTJH
11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Those of us who are old enough to remember (and will admit it) clearly remember the pink/gray bathroom tiles of the 50's, the Tiffany lamps and bird cages of the 60's, the bright orange/lime green flowery kitchen wallboard of the 70's ... and that's when I stopped noticing.... :)

I'd guess that either RV designers are living in the past or are "waaaay" ahead of the future ???? :cool:

f6bits
11-25-2013, 05:23 PM
JRTJH, "What's old is new again." Like bell-bottoms making the rounds every twenty years ago. Same goes for neon clothing.

That being said, I have the "Havana" decor which I actually like. It's like Tommy Bahama, but for way less money.

outwest
11-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Now I'm getting the urge to change out the carpeting for shag and to hunt down some avocado green appliances and bath fixtures :D

Murphsmom
11-25-2013, 07:20 PM
You mean you don't have shag carpet? I thought that was all they came with now. It is sooooo practical for camping out in the woods..or at the beach..or in the mountains..or wherever.

Kristi
11-26-2013, 01:58 PM
I must admit I really like the 'rattan' décor in our passport, but maybe it's just me. I did see some really hideous color schemes while we were trailer shopping though. Here's the brochure pic.

Murphsmom
11-26-2013, 03:14 PM
How did you attach that thumbnail? I'd love to post a picture of our new table, but can't figure out how to make my iPad do it.

Andymon
11-26-2013, 05:56 PM
I must admit I really like the 'rattan' décor in our passport, but maybe it's just me. I did see some really hideous color schemes while we were trailer shopping though. Here's the brochure pic.

I think your rig looks cool!

Andymon
11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Those of us who are old enough to remember (and will admit it) clearly remember the pink/gray bathroom tiles of the 50's, the Tiffany lamps and bird cages of the 60's, the bright orange/lime green flowery kitchen wallboard of the 70's ... and that's when I stopped noticing.... :)

I'd guess that either RV designers are living in the past or are "waaaay" ahead of the future ???? :cool:

Hey...I've made many of those Tiffany Lamps!!

Kristi
12-02-2013, 08:03 AM
How did you attach that thumbnail? I'd love to post a picture of our new table, but can't figure out how to make my iPad do it.

I haven't tried with my ipad, but with the laptop, you just click the paperclip at the top of the message box & then browse for the pic you want & hit upload. You may have to resize the pics if they are too big.

Some of the others on here that are more savvy then I can probably explain it better.

Kristi
12-02-2013, 08:04 AM
I think your rig looks cool!

Thanks Andy!

Jca3
12-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Even tough ours is an 08 we are quite happy with the interior design. We have the Palm Canyon design and really like the colors. I'm just glad ours doesn't have the really dark wood that the newer ones have. Makes me feel like I'm in a cave. the previous owners took both swivel rockers with them when they had the Tt repo'd. The rv dealer went and bought really nice recliners that match very nice.

I totally agree about the dark wood in the new ones. I like mine light and airy. Plus hate the smaller windows on the new models. Our windows are so big we can sit inside, but feel like we are outside. I have the birch pattern in our Laredo which feels like a cabin. They had this weird purple swirl pattern as an option that year that I didn't get for an RV.

Murphsmom
12-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the tip on posting a photo. Now to see if this works.

We had this table made for our 2013 Cougar 25RLSWE. It came with the booth arrangement, and we found that it was impossible to seat more than two at the table without hitting our knees against each other. In addition to that, you might (and I mean MIGHT) be able to set the table for four, but don't count on it. That table was little!! This one was made using the same laminate as the rest of the countertops, but is almost twice the size as the original.