PDA

View Full Version : COE Refunds

Bob Landry
11-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Has anyone received one for during the so-called shutdown when we weren't allowed in the parks? I called Recreation.gov and inquired about it, and was told they were doing refunds by mail and I should be getting a check. Right..

ksbowman
11-18-2013, 04:18 PM
And " I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" LOL

Kristi
11-19-2013, 06:37 AM
I was wondering the same thing. At first the website said the refunds would be posted to the credit card used beginning Oct 24th, but so far I haven't seen it. Our reservations were for Oct 11-14, so we may be at back of the list?

summerhummer
11-19-2013, 06:56 AM
I was not camping during the shutdown but previous refunds from recreation.gov were prompt and credited back the card I used for the reservation. Seems silly to mail a check you would think they could just reverse all reservations made during that time and it would be cheaper but that is Government for ya......

Kristi
11-19-2013, 07:38 AM
http://www.recreation.gov/marketing.do?goto=acm/faqs/Your_Federal_Lands_Open_for_Visitation.htm

The website still says refunds will go back on our credit card. :banghead: But when I looked up past reservations, It doesn't look like a refund has been processed.

Bob Landry
11-19-2013, 07:39 AM
It may be easier to just get your bank to do a charge back on your card. Otherwise, I just have a gut feeling that no one is going to see their money.

JRTJH
11-19-2013, 08:15 AM
This has the potential to get "REAL POLITICAL REAL QUICK" so please refrain from making any political statements. Keep this on track with reference to COE refunds from the recent closure of the park system.