PDA

View Full Version : Water heater / Furnace problems

WVSwede
11-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi to all of you,

I have a question and please try and ignore my lack of knowledge.
I have searched this forum several times, about my issues. I parked my camper for the first time this weekend to use all through winter.

Its a 2002 Springdale clearwater edition. Water heater was in bypass mode switched it over. But I cant get a Pilot light going I am turning knob to PILOT and then pressing the knob down, I tried at the end of tube as well as right beside the orrifice (spelling) and no gas is coming.
Then I discovered my Heat furnace is not coming on, it said to simply turn thermostat on and Voila should have heat, well nopp.
My stove works fine, propane just to clarify.
Now my camper is not perfectly level would that affect it? Would take a major moving around to get it there.
Also read about the propane regulator if I turned it on to fast,can sometimes go nuts and stop all gas will try that when I get back to camper tonight.

But any other ideas I can look for??? Any help is appreciated freezing temp are coming in here in MD.
Like I said, I have very limited knowledge about campers, I am in the learning phase:) So any help or guidance explain like I have no clue what you are talking about, because likely I dont :)

PG

Ken / Claudia
11-18-2013, 11:31 AM
I guess that you are sure the tanks are full. Disconnect them at the regulator, while turned off. Reconnect tanks. Turn on each tank slowly, all the way open. Turn on stove burners if and they are burning than turn on furnace system and see if that works. Sounds like you are not getting propane. The water heater should be able to start if the furenace is working. I had to do what I said in a Artic Fox each time I disconnected/reconnected the tanks. On the water heater, normally the starting push button will need to be held down for 20 seconds or so and if released to early it turns off. The themo cupler needs to get warm to stay on.

WVSwede
11-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.
I might have been a little confusing in my post but the water heater and furnace/heater is not working.
But did read about that trick and will sure try it when I get back to camper here in about 2 hours.
As far as the furnace/heater all it says in my manual is to turn thermostat to desired temp and all good, no light of pilot or anything else.
But I dont here a clicking or anything else out of the furnace from the outside...

Very much confused
Thankfully I have electric heater, that I bought just in case :)

Ken / Claudia
11-18-2013, 11:54 AM
I forgot, At the regulator, at the tanks. There may or may be a window of some kind. Some show green or clear when propane is working right. Always they show red when tanks are empty or not connected right. Look for that. It's about 1 inch or so square.

WVSwede
11-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Came back to trailer and opening my cover for tanks.
There is the problem red... so the guy working the KOA campsite comes over asks if I am alright and I said I think I need gas.
He grabs both fills them up, now I am waiting for a WARM shower and some heat....

Was told both tanks was full, just took the guys word for it.
Next time I will verify :)