PDA

View Full Version : Black Water tank Removal ?

rideandslidejim
11-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Hello All

Looking more like i'm going have to remove my black water tank on my 2000 Springdale 25rkls. Anyone had any hands on experience on doing this ? My main concerns are the vent pipe and inlets,since i can't see them and have no knowledge of how the attach/enter the tank.

Thanks for any help !! Jim

Ken / Claudia
11-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Tell us why you think you need to remove it. Maybe someone can explain other options for your problem.

LM3929
11-18-2013, 10:51 AM
First of all you should let us know what type of unit you have, that might help a bit.

I helped a friend drop his out a 5th wheel but it doesn't look a lot different that doing my TT.

you will need to remove the plastic undercarrage liner as much as needed to get at the tank retaining straps and disconnect and cover/seal the larger 3" ? discharge (4 bolts change the seals while you have a chance).

Lower one edge of the tank to see if there is a large or small inlet you probably will have to remove the toilet and flange or if everything is glued together cut the plastic pipe with a saw leaving enough of the pipe stub to be able to glue on a coupler.

Lorne M.

rideandslidejim
11-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks

Will post some pictures Wed. to show you all more. The only way i see it comes out is removing the two angle bars that look to support the tank. they are bolted to the frame, as the others cross members are welded. I'm not sure if i am looking at the actual tank, or a cover over it. As said , will post some pics. wed.

rideandslidejim
11-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Here's some pictures, dam some people really half *** a repair !!! Please any opinions on trying to repair or try to replace. As said, it leaks like a sive !!!!!!

Am i correct that is is ABS plastic ???

JIm

hankpage
11-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Jim, I believe that pipe should be connected with a RUBBER GROMMET (http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-toilets-tanks/rv-waste-holding-tanks.htm) They are available at dealers and on-line. The vent should be attached the same way. Good luck and keep us posted, Hank

rideandslidejim
11-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks Hank !!!

Will attack it on my next day off, think i'm going to cut it off at a convienent location and see if it comes out of the tank, dispite of all of the "stuff" put on it.

Thanks for the input ! Jim

Ken / Claudia
11-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Disregard my post, I did not read anywhere that you said it was leaking.