PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion transfer switch

Htfiremedic
11-14-2013, 05:47 PM
A buddy called this evening. His Fuzion had the recall on the transfer switch. He found out after it caught fire Saturday. Luckily it killed the breakers prior to full ignition!

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone

SAABDOCTOR
11-15-2013, 10:42 AM
THERE'S A GUARDIAN ANGEL looking for new feathers! every one ok?

tileman
11-15-2013, 10:56 AM
A buddy called this evening. His Fuzion had the recall on the transfer switch. He found out after it caught fire Saturday. Luckily it killed the breakers prior to full ignition!

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone

Wow glad nobody got hurt or killed.

I have a 2012 fuzion 310 how do I find out about the recall? or dose mine year and model not need the fix.

Htfiremedic
11-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Wow glad nobody got hurt or killed.

I have a 2012 fuzion 310 how do I find out about the recall? or dose mine year and model not need the fix.

You should be able to check the Keystone web sight. I am a Good Sam member and it is constantly updated by my choice of rigs.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone

Pulln
12-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Hope you dont mind me piggy backing on the thread. Just found out mine is dead and have attached these pix of my IOTA Xfer Sw.

Do you know if this would be covered under the recall?

geo
12-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Hope you dont mind me piggy backing on the thread. Just found out mine is dead and have attached these pix of my IOTA Xfer Sw.

Do you know if this would be covered under the recall?

This is the switch that was recalled and is a fire hazard! :eek: Contact Keystone immediately!!

Ron

Pulln
12-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I read your post about the Surge Guard and bought the little brother to the one you have. I will take the IOTA to the dealer to see if they will swap the unit for the recall replacement transfer switch to tote around as a spare.

I genuinely appreciate the knowledge you and others have transferred here. Thanks to you all I have already solved some simple issues and learned volumes.

jaeger63
03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
what is a recall switch and what function does it serve in the RV? I'm not an RV owner yet but trying to learn as much as I can before buying one. Thanks

Pulln
03-17-2014, 11:52 AM
what is a recall switch and what function does it serve in the RV? I'm not an RV owner yet but trying to learn as much as I can before buying one. Thanks

This topic was started about an automatic transfer switch that went bad. The switch happened to be recalled by the manufacturer. A transfer switch is used to switch between generator power or shore power. Hope this helps.

I highly advise that you hire a 3rd party licensed RV technician to inspect the camper before you buy. You might pay a little upfront for the tech but it could save you thousands down the road.

Al Sandoval
06-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Have. 2010 Fuzion 322 Toy hauler Transfer Switch burn out
Took out Micro,two Tvs ,Fridge Water Heater vacuum cleaner
And almost burn the unit.
Please guys there it's a Recall for most models from 2009 to 2011
I never got notified so now I will have to deal with Keystone this just happen
So make sure you check this out very important lots of damage can't happen if not taking care off.