PDA

View Full Version : sagging topper

Steve S
11-12-2013, 09:27 AM
K it really rained last night and the topper had a huge puddle in it :rolleyes:
I pulled the slide in then out and it looks nice and tight.
Is there anything that you guys do to stop those from happening?

byrdr1
11-12-2013, 09:53 AM
on my dining table slide this happens often. The kitchen and bedroom slide are OK they only go out 2feet then have never held water. but that 3 foot dining room slide always pools. YOU did what i do unless you want to spend money on a "V" styled blow up
http://www.awningairwedge.com/ (http://www.awningairwedge.com/)
randy

Steve S
11-12-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm thinking that if this keeps happening I'll have to put something under it.
When it rains in B.C it really rains. :dizzy:

JRTJH
11-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Many people use a $1 beach ball, the red,blue,white,yellow kind :)

Terry W.
11-12-2013, 04:29 PM
we have one slide that puddles water as well. what I did was made a pvc support to hold it up. I cut 2 foot section with "T" between them and little 2-3 inch legs with "T" on them bottom for feet. I slide it in from one end to the other end. Sorry no pic but will work on getting some.

Festus2
11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I make my own wedges from carpet underlay. Roll up a section- about a foot wide - to a height that will snugly fit between the slide top and the slide topper. In the middle of this "roll", I put a length of rope looped at both ends. These loops enable me to use an extendable pole to pull them out between the topper and the roof. I can also use the same extendable pole to insert them in place. Don't have to use a ladder or climb on the RV roof to place this home-made and dirt cheap wedge in place. They are light, easily stored, and never need blowing up.

These wedges reduce the pooling of rain water and also keep the topper from flapping about when it gets really windy.

Steve S
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the replies :) I thought maybe I was going nuts but I see that I'm not the only person that has the same problem (tx)

Retired_Jim
11-14-2013, 08:59 AM
I purchased the air wedge several years ago. My slide cover is some 19 to 20feet long. The single wedge (while only 8 foot or so) works and has stopped water pooling. Over time I have experienced one air leak (patched) and on at least three occasions during high winds the wedge has been blown out of the space between the cover and slide. I now have to tie it to the camper in case it blows out. Yes, it did cost more money than some of the suggested home made products. An additional benefit that I have found is that it also greatly reduces the amount of wind, flapping noise in addition to stopping the water pooling. Bottom-line, a valuable type of camper modification.

Steve S
02-14-2014, 01:24 PM
We have a bit of wind today and the topper is flapping.
I'm a little tired of the puddles and ice up there so I built this to stop all of that.
Just some rigid foam glued together and it works great! And on top of that it has a great R value.:p

Marlinmike
03-28-2014, 06:22 PM
To drain my slide topper I just run my tongue jack up to its highest level and then down as low as it goes before bringing my slide in (after all stabilizers are up, of course)