PDA

View Full Version : Slide is stuck

PSITracy
11-09-2013, 04:34 PM
I have a 2004 Montana 2980RL, my living room slide is stuck on one side , the back half starts out and the front half stays in ......The Kitchen and bedroom slide are working great. Anything I need to check before sending it in for service ?

Roller4Tan
11-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Try looking up under the slide for anything obvious broke or loose.

RV 4 Fun
11-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Previously I had a Jayco Designer---on a trip near Bryce N.P. one of our slides did exactly the same thing. Turned out one of the bolts on the rear mechanism had sheared in half. Had to make a hole in the underbelly and repair.
The only real trick I can share is cut the hole on the opposite side of the underbelly......meaning if the slide is in the out position on entry door side you need to cut the hole on the opposite side underbelly. Cut should be large enough to get your head and arms into the area to work and along the same line as the slide mechanism. Took about 2 hours to make the cut----go to the Hardware store---replace and reattach the underbelly cover.
Bolt was a 25 cent part to replace.
Hope you solve your problem...... and it is a simple as mine was.

Good Luck

hankpage
11-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Check to see if anything is on the floor inside the trailer blocking the slide from moving.

bobandvicki
11-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Happened to us once - look under the slide and you should see 2 bolts, 1 on each side - one of ours came loose and fell off - put bolt in and it worked - don't know if that is the cause of your problem but it was in our case - good luck - Bob