PDA

View Full Version : New Cougar XLite 21RBS Owner

wbdvt
11-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Hello
Well apparently I am moving from a Rockwood 2109S to a Cougar XLite 21RBS. We have owned the 2109S for 2 years having made the steady progression from tent to popup to TT. We are kid free and while have enjoyed the 2109S we are taking longer trips (no kids anymore) and desired some additional features, such as a better shower and storage. One drawback of other units has been the lack of counter space as my wife loves to cook and I enjoy her cooking. The Cougar has the better shower, porcelin toilet, and counter space for meal preps.
While we have made a holding payment on it we have yet to completely finalize. Any comments?
My one negative so far is the television size as it is 19" and the Rockwood had 22". Any other owners put larger TVs in?
Thanks

Western Traveler
11-08-2013, 08:27 PM
We just purchased a ½ Ton series 21RBSWE. It looks like the same trailer except perhaps the Eastern Edition vs. the Western (Different front and options) yours a little heavier with a bit more tongue weight but same floor plan. I could be wrong but it seems the Xlite and ½ ton Additions are regional names.
We love the layout, counter space and storage. Have not taken delivery yet as it is being built.
One thing I discovered after our purchase was we are closer to the weight limits of our F150 than I originally understood, Still OK but closer than I wanted to be. Glad we didn’t go heavier!
All the best to you in your future travels.

wbdvt
11-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Thank you. It also seems the Western Edition has larger tanks especially the fresh water at 60gal. I wonder what the reasoning is on that. My TV is a Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi and is rated at 8200lbs, so I should be ok.

Do find the 19" television to be a little small? Our Rockwood had a 22" so I think I am going to replace the 19" one.

Western Traveler
11-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Most of the ½ Ton Series TT’s and 5ers are heavier than I would want to tow with a ½ ton TV. From what others towing our size have told me I think both of us are good in the TV area. I will soon see. I just wanted a bigger margin.
I spoke with the Keystone Southwestern Region Representative at the RV Show and was told all the rigs for this area come with all options available except the larger television (that includes larger tanks all around). I think it is due to the desert region and all the dry camping done out this way.
As to the television he agreed to give us a larger one at the time of sale saying the size Keystone installs is too small. It is not a deal breaker for us either way. They have come down in price considerably in recent years.

Brantlaker
11-09-2013, 01:33 PM
:wlcm:Welcome to the Forum. Talk to the dealer and see if they will give you a 22in TV instead of the 19.It doesn't hurt to ask. I know the dealers in your area Pete's and AlpinHaus are easy to work with about add on's to make the deal.I hope that you are dealing with on or the other as they are great Dealers after the sale and that is were it counts.

Wynote
02-22-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi! I have 13 Cougar 21RBS first thing DH did was switch out the 19" to a 26" Samsung Smart TV/blueray. Easily done. Just wish he would attack a few other chores with the same vigor.:)

I know it was an older post, I am new and wanted to post something.

sourdough
02-22-2015, 10:00 AM
:wlcm: to the forum Wynote!