PDA

View Full Version : Black & Gray tanks leaking.

rideandslidejim
11-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Hello All

New to the Forum and to RVing. We just bought our first TT, a 2000 Springdale Lite 25 with a number of problem,i have new tires and new electric brakes and bearing, so here's the first ? for you guys, Both the black & gray tanks a leaking where the pipes exit the tanks and at the valves. I know replacement valves are no problem . Previous owner/s have tried putting sealers around the pipes at the tanks, but the still are leaking. I know i will need to remove all that crap they have put on there before i try my fix. Any one tried Plastic Mend For ABS Holding Tanks, pretty pricey on Amazon at $40, but if it works, worth it . Any input welcomed.

Jim(tx)

therink
11-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Are you saying that the tanks themselves are leaking, or just the valves at the connection flanges?

rideandslidejim
11-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Both, the valves are leaking, but i know i can buy replacement valves, my main problem is the are leaking where they exit the tanks. As i said past owner/s have tried putting caulk or whatever in a crappy attempt to seal them. I saw this Plastic Mend For ABS Holding Tanks, just looking for any input on it or any other fixes,

Jim