PDA

View Full Version : Summerland Bunk House Roof Question

dsalazar63
11-07-2013, 08:27 AM
I am about to to clean my roof with the suggested roof cleaning products. Before I do, I just want to make sure that my roof has the ability to hold my weight and that it is ok for me to walk on the roof.

I have a 2010 Summerland 30' Bunkhouse.

Thanks very much !

jsmith948
11-08-2013, 06:39 AM
If your trailer came equipped with a ladder, the roof can probably be walked upon. I have been on our roof, and it 'springs' a bit. I don't go up there unless I can't reach whatever it is I'm doing from a ladder placed against the side of the trailer (I have padding taped to the ladder to protect the edge of the roof) A little more difficult to scrub the roof from the ladder, but, with an extension handle on a medium bristle brush, I can do 1/2 of the roof from each side. I'm not a really light guy, so I figure I'll stay off the roof as much as I can! JMHO - FWIW:)

dsalazar63
11-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Thank you for the reply. I'm about 180lbs. My trailer does not have a ladder. I tried to call Keystone to ask the question, but I was stuck in some recording about a $59.00 two day vacation in the Bahamas......

therink
11-08-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm confident your roof will be fine to walk on. Most Keystone rvs are built with 3/8" roof decking which is ok to walk on. Just walk softly and spread out your weight.
Steve

dsalazar63
11-13-2013, 08:31 AM
I just wanted to post back my results from the weekend. In case anyone else questions weather or not to walk on their Summerland trailer.....

It was just fine to walk on. Slightly spongy, but no problems at all. I was able to get on there with a ladder, clean and condition the rubber roof with no issues.

Thanks everyone ! :)