PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Shower Pressure

EricAnderson
11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2013 Passport 238ML. The Outdoor Shower cold water pressure is a trickle utilizing either the pump or hookup supply. The hot water line works just fine with adequate pressure resulting in scalding water from the shower. Is there a possibly a valve or a bypass that I am missing or something else? Thanks for the help.

Eric

Festus2
11-04-2013, 03:32 PM
If you have normal CW pressure in the rest of your faucets, there could be some debris or other blockage where the CW line comes into the outdoor faucet.

twstdpear
11-04-2013, 06:25 PM
It could be a kink in the line. PEX is tough, but it can be kinked if the radius of a bend is too sharp.. There are metal and plastic bend supports to snap onto the PEX so it will bend without kinking. The person in the assembly line might have forgotten to install one on yours, or they cut it too short and decided to assemble it anyway.

I'd disconnect the cold water feed from the back of the outside shower faucet, have someone turn on the pump or city water and see if what comes out is a trickle or stream. If it's a trickle, your problem is a bad faucet or debris in the faucet. If it's a trickle, your problem is debris or a kinked line upstream from the faucet.

Depending on how handy you are would depend on what you do from there, cleaning/replacing the faucet or tracking down the debris/kink, respectively.