PDA

View Full Version : Our view this morning from Goose Island State Park, Texas.

Javi
11-04-2013, 05:03 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/04/ezu9y9az.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

crash
11-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Very nice.

Andymon
11-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Beautiful!

Javi
11-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks folks, we had great weather... Mostly sunny, slight breeze with temps in the 80's for highs and mid 60's for lows.. No mosquitoes; we sat out and enjoyed the sunrise and sunsets every day.

With one exception Goose Island is a fantastic place to spend some quality time and that exception is not a huge deal although it is an inconvenience.... no sewer so you will need to use the dumpette (as the DW calls it) Call me lazy if you want but I like FULL hookups... :D

You can't ask for better scenery if you love the water and the food in town is darn good too...

jamesfamilytx
11-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Lived in Texas all our lives and have NEVER been to this park. Looks like a great place for a winter trip. Is there a sandy beachfront area or is it rocky? I love to walk the beach and hunt for shells. What was your favorite place to eat in town?

Beth and Dennis James
2013 Bullet 248RKS
2011 Silverado 2500 HD

Javi
11-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Howdy, unfortunately there is no sandy beach although the "beach" sites do backup to the water. It is just a few minutes to the Port A ferry and plenty of beach, we seldom miss spending at least a day on the beach when we visit GI. The park does have a very nice lighted fishing pier and free wifi.

Our favorite places to eat in Fulton/Rockport are

Pop's a small bar/restaurant/dive on the same road as the park

Alice Fay's on the Bay road in Fulton, good food/dive bar (cheap breakfast)

Charlotte Plummer's for better dining experience, DW loves the taco soup

Boiling Pot when a little seafood isn't enough :D

jamesfamilytx
11-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Will definitely make note for future reference! Home for a bit as it's time to tackle some home maintenance. But will need a beach trip soon.

Beth and Dennis James
Austin, TX