PDA

View Full Version : Rubber roof loose?

richarde
10-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Hello, and Happy Halloween to all. When washing my Cougar TT I noticed a couple of areas where the roof material is loose, felt like a thin layer of rubber, but no holes or other visible signs.

So, my question is this: Is this a problem?

Festus2
10-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Richard -
The roof found on today's RV is a thin layer of EPDM rubber. It usually has two layers - an upper white one and a lower black one. Some members have experienced similar issues to the one you described while others have had bubbles, large and small, appear.
At this point, I would not be overly concerned with looseness over a small area but would suggest that you make a note of its size and watch for any signs that it is increasing. The looseness may be caused by an improper application of glue in that one area - either not enough or it was missed entirely.

I would also suggest that you take photos and document what you have seen/felt and consider sending by email this information to your dealer so that there is a record on file. If, down the road, this looseness worsens, the dealer can't say, "You didn't tell us that you were having this problem".

richarde
11-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Thanx for your help.