PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Avalanche 320RK fresh water problem

gjsindbq
10-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Anyone with any issues with filling fresh water tank? I can not seem to completely fill the 66 gallon fresh water tank. Using water sparingly, my wife and I cannot go 2 days without running out of water - I even use the campground restroom/shower. The gauge has never read full but I can't get anymore water into the fill neck.

Dealer says its not the gauge and the issue is common with the Avalanche because a portion of the fill tube is positioned such that it will not allow the tank to complete fill. Keystone support suggest to use the winterization fill connector to "pressure" fill the tank until water runs out of the fresh water fill neck.

turbopilot51
10-29-2013, 06:47 PM
How many gallons are you able to get in the tank? You might buy a water flow meter and check.

jsmith948
10-30-2013, 05:02 AM
If your vent hose is too long, it can sag, fill with water and block the air from venting. The FW tank will become pressurized and the water will flow back through the fill port before the tank is actually full. On my sister's MH, I tied the too-long vent hose up with a cable tie and the problem went away. Just a thought:)