PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing New Passport

mecapeman
10-28-2013, 03:50 AM
First time travel trailer owner. Purchased 2012 Keystone Passport Ultra lite Grand Touring 30 ft pull behind trailer.

I want to winterize it myself. Water pump has quick connections. Local dealer sold me a generic kit that has screw on connections.

Is there a fresh water by-pass kit for my model #2650BH that I can order on line and if so does someone have a website link they can provide?

I have read in one of these threads that my trailer may already have a hot water tank by-pass shutoff on it. Does anyone know where it is or have a website link that might show pictures or explain how to find it?

JRTJH
10-28-2013, 04:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. There are a number of threads available on the forum that will give you exactly what you're looking for. You can use the search feature located on every forum page in the top blue bar.

To get you started, here are a couple of links that address your question:

Winterization kit: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14182&highlight=bypass

The elbow you need is located in post #3

Water Heater Bypass: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6316&highlight=bypass

The HWH bypass valve is located on the back side of the T valve which is shown in this picture right next to the corrugated black electrical cover.

E597283
10-28-2013, 05:13 AM
I just winterized my passport 2910bh this weekend. The location of the water pump makes it difficult to draw antifreeze directly from a jug. I simply put 2 -3 gls directly in the fresh water tank and then run through all the faucets. I always sanitize the fresh water tank each year so this method works best and is the easiest for me.

86GT2r
10-28-2013, 11:22 AM
The water heater heater bypass on the 2650bh is under the lower bunk bed. Access is by removing the mattress & then removing the plywood cover. The water pump is on the left side next to the wardrobe. Again another panel needs to be removed for access.