PDA

View Full Version : Western Iowa Campgrounds

airforceret
10-24-2013, 09:10 AM
We are looking at some trips to Denver to visit the kids and there doesn't appear to be much in the way of camping in western Iowa (or eastern Nebraska). Any suggestions?

The past few years it's only been me making the trip (to go four wheeling) so sleeping in truck stops and rest areas was ok, but now that the wife is going back on the road with me, we really may need a place with electric! :)

MarkS
10-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Camp-a-Way in Lincoln is very nice.

ExTowerClimber
10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
We are looking at some trips to Denver to visit the kids and there doesn't appear to be much in the way of camping in western Iowa (or eastern Nebraska). Any suggestions?

The past few years it's only been me making the trip (to go four wheeling) so sleeping in truck stops and rest areas was ok, but now that the wife is going back on the road with me, we really may need a place with electric! :)

By your screen name I'm guessing you are retired USAF. OAFB has a nice basic FamCamp with full hookups for $20.00 in Bellevue, NE, along hwy 80 there is a overnight type campground by Lexington, NE, and Nebraska Game and Parks has multiple places to camp very near to hwy 80 along most of the highway. Ne Game and Parks Camping (http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/parks/guides/parksearch/findpark.asp)

crash
10-25-2013, 03:18 AM
airforceret thank you for your service:USA:

airforceret
10-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the input. I'll check them out online this weekend. Considering snow yesterday and freezing rain this morning, our trip may not happen if the weather doesn't cooperate!!!

Was my pleasure serving this great country!!! :) Wish I could back up and do it again...

R JOURNY
11-12-2013, 06:31 AM
Not sure if you have made your trip yet, but I have heard from a very reliable source that the Double Nickel campground in Waco, Nebraska, is a very nice park, though I have not camped there.:)

airforceret
11-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the campground info. It's snowing here today but we still plan on heading west soon.