PDA

View Full Version : Oue spot!

Andymon
10-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Thought some of you might like to see the exact spot we will be in this weekend. And...the weather will be like the pic as well as the colorful foliage.http://www.riverparkrvresort.com/images/pg/slide/main/19.jpg

I think my GF is more excited than I am but it's a close call!:)

Ron
10-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Blah Blah Blah, I would be bragging also if I were heading there, looks like a very nice spot, can I ask where it is or is it a secret..:D

SAD
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
VERY NICE spot!

So Cal CPA
10-23-2013, 06:55 PM
nice!

wish we had something like that around here.

crash
10-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Very nice ,but I would be worried about that leaning tree:eek:anyway where is it at?

Javi
10-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Very nice.."bouncey:

Kristi
10-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Nice! So glad you guys are finally getting to go out & enjoy! I know you can't wait! "bouncey:

Andymon
10-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Here's the park. rogue River, Oregon
http://www.riverparkrvresort.com/

airforceret
10-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Was snowing here this morning! I'm pretty sure we are going nowhere for awhile... :)

JRTJH
10-24-2013, 09:32 AM
We've had almost 4" in the past 2 days. It seems the "color season" has ended and the leaves are currently buried. So much for cleaning the lawn "as soon as it dries up" There's 2 to 6 additional inches forcast for the next 3 days. LOL

Methinks fall is rapidly ending and winter is near.

Festus2
10-24-2013, 10:33 AM
JRTJH -

I'm pleased to hear that your area has lived up to its snowy, frigid, short summer and long winter reputation. I was getting worried there for a while that you might be caught up in the global warming trend but alas, I am much relieved.

Here, north of the 49th parallel in the frozen north, aka Canada, it is sunny and one could say "warm" --- just over 60 deg F and expected to climb to 68 deg F later today. Lots of fallen and falling leaves which serve as a reminder that winter is on its way. The approach of winter seems to have become stalled in Michigan and vicinity which we, "up North" take great delight in hearing.

What are all these "winterizing" posts about? Go West and North young man! Camping season is in full swing.... now if only our Provincial parks weren't all being closed up for the winter. They are, of course, government owned and regardless of the weather they all close on a certain day - even if it is in the middle of a prolonged summer ;)

Now, where is that darn water pump located? Mmmmm can't seem to find the HW bypass either. I knew where they were last year when I winterized :confused:

Cheers

JRTJH
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
All Right, Festus2. I KNOW you can find your water pump and HWH bypass... Nobody moved them from last year, so just follow the footprints from the last time you winterized LOL

You're right, we had a beautiful summer.... all three days of it.... No really, from mid June through mid October was really nice this year. We even turned on the air conditioner in the house for maybe 3 or 4 days this year, so it was warmer than usual LOL

Our "governmental agency" managed campgrounds (state parks and state forest campgrounds) all close on a certain day as well. Believe it or not, the snowmobile trails open the same day the campgrounds close, so even if it's 75*F and sunny, you have to drag your RV out of the campground, go home and break out the snowmobile (even if you do have to put "mudders" on it)... Sometimes following a calendar gets in the way of common sense. I see that our neighboring government to the north of us isn't much different.....

Now, back to the back porch which my DW calls her "snowglobe" because rather than shaking it up and watching the white stuff flutter to the bottom, we stand in that "globe" and watch the white stuff flutter all around us.

Ain't life grand :D

hankpage
10-24-2013, 01:49 PM
All Right, Festus2. I KNOW you can find your water pump and HWH bypass... Nobody moved them from last year, so just follow the footprints from the last time you winterized LOL

John, Take it easy on the ole codger. He is lucky to remember where he left his lederhosen. :D

JRTJH
10-24-2013, 02:08 PM
John, Take it easy on the ole codger. He is lucky to remember where he left his lederhosen. :D

Left them??? Last I heard he was still wearing them. Thank goodness he wasn't working on the honey wagon this fall :p

Murphsmom
10-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I've bookmarked that site to check on when we go to southern Oregon next summer. Nice to see an RV park that doesn't look like a parking lot.

Ken / Claudia
10-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Andy,
In 2006 I spend 4 days in the area in drift boat school and another 3 days at Gold beach in jet boat school. We did the white water rescue training at the park near I5. That river really something to see. If you never went on a jet boat ride there, you should someday. I still need to take my wife in my boat someday.

crash
10-25-2013, 03:21 AM
OOOOO someone said that S word.:(

JRTJH
10-25-2013, 05:02 AM
OOOOO someone said that S word.:(

but But BUT He said it first :D

Andymon
10-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Andy,
In 2006 I spend 4 days in the area in drift boat school and another 3 days at Gold beach in jet boat school. We did the white water rescue training at the park near I5. That river really something to see. If you never went on a jet boat ride there, you should someday. I still need to take my wife in my boat someday.

I feel really blessed to be able to live in So. Oregon. 3 hours from the coast, an hour or so to higher lakes and mountains. It is a wonderful area.