PDA

View Full Version : window screens

TWAMech
10-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the inner window screens on my '03 3255RL Montana? There must be a way without having to take the window frame apart. Any input willingly accepted. :banghead::banghead:

JRTJH
10-22-2013, 12:53 PM
On most screens there are 4 or 6 metal spring clips. You may have to remove the window crank knobs so the screens will slip off the spindle. It may help to open the window and push the screen frame from outside rather than try to pull them off the frame from inside.

Some screens have a couple of screw tabs along the bottom and tabs that insert along the top. On those, remove the screws and pull gently out away from the window frame, then let them drop enough to disengage the tabs.

If neither of these is your type of screen, post a picture so we can see better what type of windows you have.

TWAMech
10-24-2013, 08:33 PM
I have 2 windows where the screens have the spring clips you mentioned. I would like to take the sliding screens out for cleaning. I can open the slide windows and get most of the window clean but there is always a strip still covered buy the screen which won't open further then the window handle will allow.

jsmith948
10-25-2013, 04:15 AM
On our Cougar, the sliding window screens are held in place by crescent shaped spring clips. Try sliding the screen to one side. The clips should compress enough to allow the edge of the screen to clear the frame and then you can work the screen out of the frame. (You have to hold your mouth just right!)

TWAMech
10-25-2013, 07:32 AM
EUREKA!!!! We are full timers and have lived in our '03 Montana now for 7 years. This is the first time I've been able to clean that spot behind the screen that I could never get. The old adage again rings true,----'You learn something new every day'. Thanks guys. I searched through my owners manual and every where else I could think of in my packet of info that came with the trailer, not a mention of how to get the screens out. Thanks again.(tx)

PurpleCat
10-25-2022, 04:26 PM
I have a 2003 Keystone Challenger and everyone wants to know how to remove the screens with the clips, which I was able to do, but I need to know how to replace the screens once I have them out. It was easy getting them out but not putting them back in. I don’t know if anyone has a 2003 Keystone but I haven’t run across the screen information for a 2003 Keystone. Very frustrating when I have screens sitting there that I cannot get back in. I’m a woman trying to do this so maybe it needs a man’s muscle to push on the screen hard enough to get them back in? I don’t know. I’ve even gotten to the point where I’ve had to break one of the clips to get one screen back in but I don’t want to have to do this with every screen. If I had known this was going to be such an ordeal just to remove and replace screens in this rv, I would have picked a different model. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

chuckster57
10-25-2022, 05:25 PM
I have a 2003 Keystone Challenger and everyone wants to know how to remove the screens with the clips, which I was able to do, but I need to know how to replace the screens once I have them out. It was easy getting them out but not putting them back in. I don’t know if anyone has a 2003 Keystone but I haven’t run across the screen information for a 2003 Keystone. Very frustrating when I have screens sitting there that I cannot get back in. I’m a woman trying to do this so maybe it needs a man’s muscle to push on the screen hard enough to get them back in? I don’t know. I’ve even gotten to the point where I’ve had to break one of the clips to get one screen back in but I don’t want to have to do this with every screen. If I had known this was going to be such an ordeal just to remove and replace screens in this rv, I would have picked a different model. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Can you post a picture of the screen? There are a couple of different styles so installation can be different.