PDA

View Full Version : New Cougar

mixerman
10-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Hello from NorCal,
Just sold our old kitco and purchased a new Cougar 293sab.
It's already back to the dealer for an issue with the control panel, a stuck switch.
While it's there I asked them to reinspect the roof, it's not adhered well around the edges or the vents. No real air bubbles, but I want it documented in case it gets worse.
The old Kitco only ever had one air bubble and it turned into a leak.
I unterstand that some air is common around vents where caulking was used.
How much is normal, and just because its common does that make it right?

Festus2
10-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Milas -

From now on, I would be taking photos of any areas on the roof that you are concerned about and keeping a written record of all communications, both written and oral, that you have had with your dealer and with Keystone should they become involved. I would also keep Keystone informed and that you have pointed out your concern to the dealer.

If you should experience a problem with bubbling or roof issues, then you will have a written record with details, including dates, times, of everything that has taken place. Having such documentation will enable you to show that a potential problem has been identified and that you have advised the dealer (and Keystone) in a timely and regular manner. They can't come back and then say, "You didn't tell us about this."

crash
10-21-2013, 02:20 AM
:wlcm:to the forum from the East coast.congrats on the new camper and good luck:D